Masterbatch market in Asia-Pacific has a fragmented structure where China is a home for around 500 manufacturers of masterbatches. Masterbatch is a pigment or additive that is mixed with the carrier resin to form a product. Masterbatch has its extensive end-use in consumer goods, plastic packaging industry, electronic appliances, etc. Mushrooming demand and growing preference for innovative plastic by using pigments in the products is impelling the demand for masterbatches in recent years. Moreover, with the amplified production of automobiles in the country, the demand for masterbatches is mounting as they are used in manufacturing the auto parts and plastic body of a vehicle.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ the CAGR of “Asia-Pacific Masterbatch Market Analysis, 2020”, is expected to exceed around 7.5% during 2020-25. Moreover, augmenting demand for colorful and innovative solutions from the packaging industry and growing preference of plastics and polymers for manufacturing lightweight vehicles in the automotive industry is forecast to boost demand for masterbatch in APAC countries through 2025.
Additive Masterbatches Gaining Popularity in Asia-Pacific Market
Additives Masterbatches are added in the plastics for modifying certain properties for the development of specific products such as flame retardant, UV resistant plastics, and antimicrobial plastics. Additives masterbatches are used to enhance the performance the plastic products. Due to the following properties, the demand for additive masterbatches is witnessing a sturdy growth as compared to other masterbatches. Color masterbatches are used in the construction sector, plastic, healthcare, packaging, automotive, etc. However, color and additive masterbatches are costly as compared to white and black masterbatches.
Based on the resins, the polypropylene segment grabbed the major market in 2019. Polypropylene is the most used carrier resin in the manufacturing of masterbatches. The polyethylene used white masterbatches for the packaging material such as shopping bags, heavy-duty sacks, and garbage bags. The demand for Polypropylene is witnessing a growth in recent years and is expected to surge during the forecast period due to its properties, revealed by MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Asia-Pacific Masterbatch Market Analysis, 2020”.
According to MarkNtel Advisors, the major companies capturing a considerable market share are Ampacet, Clariant Chemicals, PolyOne, Cabot, A.Schulman, Ngai Hing hong, Malion New, Changzhou Hongmei, Alok Masterbatches, Plastic Blends among others. Companies are innovating new technology-related masterbatches and are investing in R&D activities to manage their portfolio. In October 2018, Cabot Corporation, acquired a Chinese carbon black manufacturer, NSCC Carbon (Jiangsu) Co. Ltd, from Nippon Steel Carbon Co. This achievement would benefit the company to magnify its production facility in China and hence will upsurge the production of masterbatch.
"Asia-Pacific Masterbatch Market Analysis, 2020” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the market potential, regional opportunities, key factors impacting sales and purchase decisions, hotspots, and opportunities available for masterbatch firms across the globe. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor's capabilities on 16 parameters. This will help companies in the competition assessment, formulation of Go to Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for their offerings.
1. By Type (Black, White, Color, Additive)
2. By Application (Film Extrusion, Blow Molding, Roto-Molding, Injection Molding, Others)
3. By Resins (Polyethylene, Polystyrene, Others)
4. By End User (Automotive, Packaging, Consumer Goods, Agriculture, Construction, Others)
5. By Process (Extrusion, Modelling)
6. By Country (China, India, Japan, Indonesia, Others)
7. By Company (Ampacet, Clariant Chemicals, PolyOne, Cabot, A.Schulman, Ngai Hing hong, Malion New, Changzhou Hongmei, Alok Masterbatches, Plastic Blends)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the Asia-Pacific masterbatch market?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. What are the future plans and customer expectations of end-users across the country?
4. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
5. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the Asia-Pacific masterbatch market?
6. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the masterbatch companies across various regions?