Antiscalants prevents scale formation, thereby improving the recovery rate and thermal efficiency of the desalination plant. With the correct dosage and application time for antiscalants scheduled, maintenance and cleaning frequency for membranes can be reduced. Therefore, the ability of antiscalants to improve the thermal efficiency is expected to become one of the major drivers for the growth of Saudi Arabia antiscalant market.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Saudi Arabia Antiscalant Market Analysis, 2020”, the antiscalant market is projected to grow at a CAGR of around 9% during 2020-25. Based on the properties of the source of water as well as the water treatment technology used, different types of antiscalants are available in the market including phosphonate-based, sulphur-based, fluoride-based, polymer-based and carboxylate-based. The antiscalant consumption in Saudi Arabia is mainly driven by a significant increase in the number of desalination plants. The further increase in number of desalination plants, driven by depleting renewable sources and government initiatives is expected to result in an increase of antiscalant demand. In 2018, the Water and Electricity Company introduced five public-private partnership projects which are projected to increase the capacity of water provided daily. Moreover, the Kingdom is focusing on building non-oil sectors such as chemicals and plastics, which would lead to a rise in industrial demand.
As per MarkNtel Advisors’ study, the desalination segment captured the highest market share in the Saudi Arabia antiscalant market in 2019. The capacity of water handled by large desalination plants is much higher as compared to the volume of water handled in industries due to which desalination accounts for a much higher share of the market. In addition, MSF, the most adopted technology in Saudi Arabia, has a higher recovery and dosage rate due to which it will continue to account for the largest share.
However, the use of antiscalant generates huge amount of sludge, which adversely affects the environment. Hence, the lack of green antiscalants and increasing environmental concerns in Saudi Arabia has negatively affected the demand for antiscalant.
"Saudi Arabia Antiscalant Market Analysis, 2020” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the market potential, regional opportunities, key factors impacting sales and purchase decision, hotspots and opportunities available for antiscalant firms across the country. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor's capabilities on 16 parameters. This will help companies in the competition assessment, formulation of Go to Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for their offerings.
1. By Feed Water (Seawater, Brackish Water)
2. By End User (Industrial, Desalination)
3. By Geographic Region (East, West, South Central)
4. By Competitors (Metito, Nalco, Biolab Arabia, Veolia, AES, Wetico, BASF, Others)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the Saudi Arabia antiscalant market?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. What are the future plans and customer expectations of end-users across the country?
4. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
5. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the Saudi Arabia antiscalant market?
6. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the antiscalant companies across various regions?