Changes in lifestyle including delaying pregnancy, the increased age of the first birth, and lower marriage rates, a shift from rural to urban societies are factors assisting to the reduced fertility rate in these countries. Also, the government initiative was taken to provide better reimbursement policies covering IVF treatment also act as a catalyst in stimulating the high adoption of IVF treatment in countries of Asia-Pacific. Furthermore, uninterrupted innovation taking place to advance the success rate of IVF treatment and technological upgradations of devices, products, and reagents used in the IVF procedure is anticipated to propel the growth of the market through 2025.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Asia-Pacific In-Vitro Fertilization Market Analysis, 2020”, the Asia-Pacific In-Vitro Fertilization market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of around 11.5% during 2020-25. Additionally, the ultra-low fertility rates in the countries of Asia-Pacific such as Japan, Singapore, Taiwan, South Korea, China, India, and Hong Kong SAR are among the very low-fertility countries in the world are expected to propel the growth of in-vitro fertility market during 2020-25.
Skyrocketing Rate of Infertility Fostering the Growth of In-Vitro Fertilization Market
The elevating rate of infertility across the globe is a key factor responsible for the growth of the IVF market. IVF treatment is a type of assisted reproductive technology (ART) that is used to prevent infertility. The World Health Organization (WHO) reports that one in every six couples suffers from infertility related issues, across the globe. Asia-Pacific is a lucrative market showcasing immense opportunities for the growth of the IVF market.
China and India to Seize Majority Market Share
In 2019, China and India bagged the highest market share around 70% as the countries are emerging as the key medical tourism destinations. Besides, the countries have favorable government regulations and economic pricing of services in hospitals as compared to other fertility treatment destinations. Other countries such as Japan and Singapore also contributed a substantial market share in 2019 owing to the enlarging practices of donor egg, enhanced rate of infertilities, and embryo banking as revealed by the MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Asia-Pacific In-Vitro Fertilization Market Analysis, 2020”.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’, the key players with a considerable market share in the Asia-Pacific In-Vitro Fertilization market include Adorefem Gynec Pro-Infertility Division, Cook Medical, Esco Group of Companies, Fujifilm Irvine, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, IVFtech ApS, Merck KGaA, Thermofisher Scientific, Olympus Corporation, VitroLife AB, etc.
Companies are collaborating with other companies to gain a competitive edge in the market, for instance, ObsEva and Yuyuan BioScience Technology entered into a sublicense agreement to develop and commercialize nolasiban for improving clinical pregnancy and live birth rates in women undergoing embryo transfer following in-vitro fertilization (IVF) in the People's Republic of China (PRC)
“Asia- Pacific In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Market Analysis, 2020” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the industry potential, key factors impacting sales and purchase decisions, hotspots, and opportunities available for In-Vitro Fertilization providers across the APAC region. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor's capabilities on 16 parameters. This will help companies in the formulation of Go to Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for its offerings.
1. By Cycle type (Fresh IVF cycles, Thawed IVF cycles, Donor Egg IVF cycles),
2. By Procedure (Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI), Pre Implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD), Frozen embryo Transfer/Replacement (FET/FER), Others),
3. By End-User (Fertility Clinics, Hospitals, Surgical Centers, Clinical Research Institutes, Cryobanks),
4. By Product Type (Devices, Reagents, Pharmaceuticals, Services),
5. By Country (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Singapore),
6. By Company (Adorefem Gynec Pro-Infertlity Division, Cook Medical, Esco Group of Companies, Fujifilm Irvine, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, IVFtech ApS, Merck KGaA, Thermofisher scientific, Olympus Corporation, VitroLife AB, etc.)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future market trends of the In-Vitro Fertilization industry?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
4. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the In-Vitro Fertilization industry?
5. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the In-Vitro Fertilization firms across various regions?