The global herbicides market is expected to proliferate in the forthcoming years on account of increasing research and development activities carried out across the globe, rising consumer awareness about the negative impact of synthetic herbicides, declining development cost of the bio-herbicides entwined with surging demand for the organic food products are some of the major contributing factors for the market growth.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Global Bio-Herbicides Market Analysis, 2020”, the Global Bio-Herbicides market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of around 22% during 2020-25. The growing resistance towards synthetic herbicides and rising demand for organic food products in North America, Europe, and the Middle East have been significantly driving the demand for bio-herbicides across the globe.
However, the availability of off-patent synthetic herbicides in mass volume has been offering cost-advantage to the synthetic producers, maintaining the lowest adoption rate lowest in comparison to the other herbicides. Furthermore, the factors such as low awareness of bio-herbicides, suspicion among farmers about their efficiency, and the price differentiation have been hindering the subsequent market growth of the bio-herbicides, keeping the conventional herbicides highly competitive.
Nevertheless, the increasing government support for sustainable agriculture and changing regulations in the key adopting regions such as North America, ASPAC, and South America, is expected to increase the adoption of Bio-Herbicides across the world.
Microbial Sourcing Segment to Maintain Its Dominance During 2020-25
Based on the source of bio-herbicides, the microbial segment held the largest share with about exceeding three-fourths of the market share in the diversity of bacterial and fungal specifies, offers multiple modes of action (MOA) to act on target plants. This enacts as the key advantage in overcoming herbicide resistance as synthetic herbicides offer limited MOA. Numerous bacterial species are constantly in research given their potential for effective weed management, which would augment the segment market size in the future.
Asia-Pacific Region Projected to Emerge as the Fastest Growing Region
In 2019 Europe, dominated the global Bio-Herbicides market followed by North America. However, the Asia-Pacific region is projected to attain the highest growth of about 25% with an estimated market size exceeding USD 1.3 billion through 2025. Favorable regulatory environment in the US and Canada for the development of biopesticides is the big factor contributing to its growth in the region. The US emerged as the global leader in the bio-herbicides market in 2019. The US Environment Protection Agency (EPA) has put in place, the modified test methodologies, and reduced data requirements for bioherbicides registrations, which has simplified the overall process.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’, some the of key competitors operating in the Global Bio-Herbicides market includes Marrone Bio Innovations, Safer Gro, BioSafe, WestBridge, Alphabio Control, Herbanatur, Soiltech, etc.
“Global Bio-Herbicides Market Analysis, 2020” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the industry potential, key factors impacting sales and purchase decisions, hotspots, and opportunities available for Drone Camera providers across the Globe. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor's capabilities on 16 parameters. This will help companies in the formulation of Go to Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for its offerings.
1. By Application (Agriculture Cop Source, Non-Agricultural Crop Source)
2. By Source (Microbial, Plant Extracts, Others (Natural Products))
3. By Formulation (Granular, Liquid, Others)
4. By Mode of Application (Seed Treatment, Soil Application, Foliar, Post-Harvest)
5. By Mode of Action (MOA Involving Photosynthesis, MOA Targeting Enzymes, Others)
6. By Region (North America, South America, Europe, Middle East, and Africa, Asia- Pacific)
7. By Country (US, Canada, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, Italy, France, UK, Saudi-Arabia, UAE, China, India, Japan, Australia)
8. By Company (Marrone Bio Innovations, Safer Gro, BioSafe, WestBridge, Alphabio Control, Herbanatur, Soiltech)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the Global Bio- Herbicides Market?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
4. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the Global Bio- Herbicides Market industry?
5. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the Global Bio- Herbicides suppliers across various regions?