The decline in oil prices during 2014-16 have increased the focus of the government on diversification of the economy. The Saudi Arabian government is providing increased emphasis on developing the non-oil sectors and have implemented different policies to support the development in these sectors. The growing infrastructure development in the country is anticipated to positively impact the growth of Saudi Arabia building automation market.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ research report, “Saudi Arabia Building Automation and Control System Market Analysis, 2020”, the building automation market is projected to grow at a CAGR of around 10% during 2020-25. The energy intensity has increased in sectors such as housing and buildings, consumer appliance, water, and transport, etc. The installation of a centralized computer-based automation system in buildings would evaluate, monitor and control the systems utilized in the buildings and is expected to reduce energy consumption up to 20%. Therefore, the growing support by the government to reduce emissions in the country has strongly contributed to the growth of Saudi Arabia building automation.
The introduction of the National Transformation Program 2020 and Vision 2030 have boosted the growth of smart cities in the country. The smart cities comprise of smart buildings, smart transport system, smart security and safety services. In 2017, Neom City was announced by the Saudi Crown Prince which is planned to incorporate smart city technologies. The first phase of the project is expected to be completed by 2025. Hence, it is anticipated to surge the demand for building automation systems in the forthcoming period, revealed by MarkNtel Advisors’ research “Saudi Arabia Building Automation and Control Market Analysis, 2020”.
As per MarkNtel Advisors’, the security and access control grabbed a considerable market share in the Saudi Arabia building automation and control market in 2019. The demand for security and access control system is projected to increase in the years to come due to the increasing incidences of criminal activities and security threats. Therefore, the growing security threats are expected to increase the penetration of security and access control system in the government and commercial sectors.
The IoT (Internet of Things) technology is being incorporated in lighting systems, thereby providing the benefits of smart lighting system to the citizens. The smart lighting system comprises of IoT management platform which can remotely manage several devices with the help of a single platform. Moreover, the air conditioners consume around 60%-70% of Saudi Arabia’s power. Hence, the adoption of building automation system would enable the operator to reduce the energy wastage.
The key players who has captured a significant market share in the Saudi Arabia building automation market include Axis Communications, Bosch Security System, Honeywell, Al Salem Johnson Controls, Schindler Olayan, etc.
“Saudi Arabia Building Automation and Control Market Analysis, 2020” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the market potential, regional opportunities, key factors impacting sales and purchase decision, hotspots and opportunities available for building automation system firms across the country. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor's capabilities on 16 parameters. This will help companies in the competition assessment, formulation of Go to Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for their offerings.
1. By Type (HVAC Control, Lighting Control, Safety and Access Control, Others)
2. By Controlled Technology (Wired, Wireless)
3. By End Users (Government, Commercial Offices, Retail, Healthcare, Residential, Industrial, Hospitality, Others)
4. By Geographic Region (West, East, South, Central)
5. By Competitors (Axis Communications, Bosch Security System, Honeywell, Al Salem Johnson Controls, Schindler Olayan, Others)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the Saudi Arabia building automation and control market?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. What are the future plans and customer expectations of end-users across the country?
4. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
5. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the Saudi Arabia building automation and control market?
6. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the building automation companies across various regions?