Growing elderly population and prevalence of chronic disorders such as cancer, diabetes and other disorders coupled with the growing need for early diagnosis of diseases in Asia-Pacific. The total number of diabetic patients in South East Asia in 2019 was around 88,000 thousand which are expected to reach around 115,000 till 2030. Moreover, countries such as China and India are focusing on continuous improvement of the healthcare facilities.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Asia-Pacific Diagnostic Imaging Market Analysis, 2020”, the market size of diagnostic imaging in Asia-Pacific is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of around 7.5% during 2020-25. The high cost of diagnostic imaging systems is restraining the market growth of the diagnostic imaging market in Asia-Pacific. The market size of Asia- Pacific Diagnostic Imaging is anticipated to be around USD 11.10 billion by the end of 2025.
Augmenting Cardiology Segment is Driving the Demand for Imaging Systems
CT scans and MRI are extensively used for cardiology and oncology. The cardiology segment grabbed a substantial market share in 2019. Based on the application segment, definite key trends being witnessed are hybrid imaging, ionizing radiations and cryogen-free preclinical MRI scanners are used majorly for CT scans and MRI scanning. MRI and CT scan segment grabbed the largest market share in 2019. MRI systems are used for the detection of neurological disorders and other brain-related diseases as revealed by the MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Asia-Pacific Diagnostic Imaging Market Analysis, 2020”.
China is a Dominant Market Due to Burgeoning Healthcare Infrastructure
With better healthcare facilities and continuously improving healthcare, infrastructure made China the dominating market in 2019. Moreover, with perennial support of government coupled with technological advancements in India is fuelling the demand for diagnostic imaging systems in India. For instance, Allengers launched India’s first locally manufactured 32 slices CT scanners in January 2020 in collaboration with Canon Medical Systems.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’, few of the leading players are in the diagnostic imaging market are GE, Care Stream Health, Fujifilm, Hitachi, Hologic, Philips, Shanghai, Siemens, Canon Medical, Shimadzu, Samsung, etc.
“Asia-Pacific Diagnostic Imaging Market Analysis, 2020” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the industry potential, key factors impacting sales and purchase decisions, hotspots, and opportunities available for diagnostic imaging providers across the Globe. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor's capabilities on 16 parameters. This will help companies in the formulation of Go to Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for its offerings.
1. By End-User (Hospitals, Diagnostic/ Imaging Centers, Others),
2. By Application (Cardiology, Oncology, Neurology, Orthopedics, Gastroenterology, Gynecology, Others),
3. By Component (Computer Tomography, MRI, Ultrasound, X-Ray, Nuclear Imaging, Fluoroscopy, Mammography),
4. By Country (China, India, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea and Rest of Asia, Pacific),
5. By Company (GE, Care Stream Health, Fujifilm, Hitachi, Hologic, Philips, Shanghai, Siemens, Canon Medical, Shimadzu, Samsung, etc.)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future market trends of the diagnostic imaging market in the Asia Pacific?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
4. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the diagnostic imaging industry?
5. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the diagnostic imaging firms across various regions?