The competitive advantage of the premium-economy class over the business class segment in terms of the low ticket charges, and enhanced customer services and seating facilities, has been exponentially increasing the demand for the premium economy segment, due to which the airliners are focusing on the expansion of their revenues through rolling out more premium-economic cabins, as planned by the Emirates Airlines.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Global Aircraft Seat Upholstery Market Analysis, 2020”, the global Aircraft Seat Upholstery market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of around 8% during 2020-25. The increasing demand for customized, more flexible and enhanced quality seating in the business and first-class segment is anticipated to uptick the market growth in the forthcoming years. Moreover, with increasing aircraft traffic, the expansion in the premium-economy seating class is taking place at a significant growth rate.
Aftermarket Estimated to Lead the Global Seat Upholstery Market in the Upcoming Years
The aftermarket segment in the global aircraft seat upholstery market held a significant share in 2019. Also, the segment is anticipated to attain the highest CAGR growth over the upcoming years on account of soaring replacement and maintenance demand from the commercial aircraft segment due to intensifying passenger traffic and the number of long-haul international fleets.
Fabric Segment, By Material Type to Hold the Largest Market Share in the Global Aircraft Seat Upholstery Market
On the basis of material, the Fabrics segment held the largest market size in the global aircraft seat upholstery market over the past few years. The fabrics are most commonly used for their application in the economy and the premium-economy classes. Escalating share of the premium-economy class owing to its increasing demand from the middle- income group, is estimated to result in the attainment of the highest CAGR growth by the Fabric material segment during 2020-25.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’, some the of key competitors operating in the Global Aircraft Seat Upholstery market includes Lantal Textiles AG, Franklin Products, ACC Aviation Inc., Aircraft Cabin Modification GmbH, International Aero Services, Perrone Aerospace, J.H Nunn Associates, Tritex Corporation, and Others)
The major shareholding companies in the global aviation seat upholstery market such as the Lantal Textiles, Aircraft Cabin Modification GmbH, ACC Aviation Inc. are majorly concentrating on the R&D, new product innovation and launches, mergers and acquisitions and market expansion. These companies majorly operate on business tie-ups and contractual basis, with the aircraft manufacturers. For instance, the Lantal Textiles AF, a Switzerland based entity and one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of aircraft seating solutions, delivered seat covers, carpets and curtains to the Canada based aircraft operating company WestJet for business and economy class segments in 2019.
On the other hand, a German-based aircraft seat upholstery company, Aircraft Cabin Modifications GmbH, launched the sensor inbuilt seat covers- Seated, in April 2019. The sensors have the capacity to provide feedback and suggestions to the passengers on their seating posture. The company also expanded its manufacturing facility at Bavaria, Germany by adding up 15,000 square meters of the plot area to the existing facility, in order to meet the rising global seat upholstery demand in 2018.
“Global Aircraft Seat Upholstery Market Analysis, 2020” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the industry potential, key factors impacting sales and purchase decisions, hotspots, and opportunities available for Aircraft Seat Upholstery providers across the Globe. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor's capabilities on 16 parameters. This will help companies in the formulation of Go to Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for its offerings.
1. By Material (Fabric, Vinyl, Leather)
2. By Aircraft Type (Narrow Body Aircraft (NBA), Wide Body Aircraft (WBA), Very Large Aircraft (VLA), Business Jets, Regional Transport Aircraft (RTA), Helicopters)
3. By End User (Aftermarket, OEM)
4. By Seat Type (First Class, Business Class, Premium Economy Class, Economy Class)
5. By Seat Cover Type (Bottom Covers, Backrests, Seat Rear Pockets, Headrests, Armrests)
6. By Region (North America, South America, Europe, Middle East, and Africa, Asia- Pacific)
7. By Country (US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, Italy, France, UK, Saudi-Arabia, UAE, South Africa, China, India, Japan, Indonesia, Malaysia)
8. By Company (Lantal Textiles AG, Franklin Products, ACC Aviation Inc., Aircraft Cabin Modification GnbH, International Aero Services, Perrone Aerospace, J.H Nunn Associates, Tritex Corporation, and Others)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the Global Aircraft Seat Upholstery industry?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
4. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the Global Aircraft Seat Upholstery industry?
5. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the Aircraft Seat Upholstery suppliers across various regions?