The shift from internal combustion engine to electric motorcycles on account of depletion in fossil fuels, rising pollution levels, and increasing fuel cost are driving the market of electric scooter and motorcycle in the region. Moreover, the increasing sales of electric motorcycles and mopeds coupled with the deployment of electric scooter and motorcycle for sharing service are anticipated to further elevate the electric scooter and motorcycle market growth. The strict government regulations with regard to the carbon emission are projected to lead to a significant impact on the European electric scooter and motorcycle market in terms of environmental preservation.
According to the MarkNtel Advisors’ research report titled “Europe Electric Scooter and Motorcycle Market Analysis, 2020”, the market size of electric scooters and motorcycles in Europe are expected to be a surge at a CAGR of around 27% during 2020-25. Italy held the majority market share in the Europe electric scooter and motorcycle market in 2019, on account of the implementation of Euro4 standards in the country, thus witnessing the plunge in the sales of moped. The registration of mopeds declined from 26,031 in 2017 to 21,326 in 2018, thus boosting the market share of electric scooters and motorcycles in the country. The other attractive markets for electric scooters and motorcycles with market size exhibiting a persistent increase are Germany, the UK, Spain, France, Austria, etc.
The electric moped registrations witnessed a year-on-year growth of around 47% in 2018 from the preceding year. Moreover, the government in the region is making short-term plans or electrification 2-wheeler. For instance, the government allotted USD 11.34 million (10 million euros) worth of subsidies on electric moped purchases which was applicable until December 2019.
The rising deployment of electric scooter and motorcycle for shared services is anticipated to upsurge the European electric scooter and motorcycles market growth. Spain had about 8,920 electric scooters and motorcycles for sharing services in 2018, with an increase of 498% in the fleet size reported in 2017. Besides this, France had around 4,870 scooters operating on the sharing model in 2018, an increase of nearly 2,770 units from the preceding year. In addition, the ride-hailing apps are introducing schemes for expanding its e-scooter sharing services in Europe. For instance, Uber chose Madrid as the first European city to expand its shared e-scooter service Jump, rolling out 566 scooters across Spain’s capital in 2019. Therefore, the market of the electric motor is projected to upsurge in the coming years, as stated in MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Europe Electric Scooter and Motorcycle Market Analysis, 2020”.
According to MarkNtel Advisors, the leading players in the Europe electric scooter and motorcycle market are GOVECS AG, Gogoro, Torrot, Zero Motorcycles, Unu Gmbh, BMW AG, Niu, etc. The increasing inclination toward high-powered motorcycles is encouraging the market players to launch new products in the market to gain an advantage over the other competitors. For instance, in 2018, Zero Motorcycles announced its plans of launching a dual-sport electric motorcycle, Zero DS ZF7.2, in 2019. In addition, Harley-Davidson Inc. launched its electric motorcycle LiveWire by 2019, which will be a high-powered motorcycle offering a travel range up to 117 km on a single charge.
“Europe Electric Scooter and Motorcycle Market Analysis, 2020” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the market potential, key factors impacting the market growth, hotspots and growth opportunities available for Electric scooter and motorcycle providers across the region. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor's capabilities on 16 parameters. This will help companies in the formulation of Go to Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for its offerings.
1. By Product (Scooter, Low-powered motorcycle, High-powered motorcycle)
2. By Power (<1.5 KW, 1.5–5 kW, 6-15kW and >15kW)
3. By Battery Type (Lead-Acid and Lithium-Ion)
4. By Voltage (48V, 60V, 72V,100V and above)
5. By Cooling System (Natural Convection, Forced Air Convection and Liquid)
6. By Range (<50 km, 50-100 km, 101- 150 km, >150 km)
7. By Battery Capacity (<2 kWh, 2-2.5kWh, >2.5kWh)
8. By Battery Changing Mode (Removable, Non- Removable)
9. By Charging Time (<4 h, 4-6 h, >6 h)
10. By Maximum Speed (<40km/h, 40-80 km/h, >80km/h)
11. By Region (The UK, Italy, Germany, Spain, Netherland, France, Austria)
12. By Competitors (GOVECS AG, Gogoro Inc., Torrot Electric Europa S.A., Kwang Yang Motor Co. Ltd, Unu Gmbh, BMW AG, Niu Technologies, Askoll EVA Spa, Zero Motorcycles Inc, Lightning Motors Corp, Piaggio & C. Spa, Alta Motors, Others)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future market and technology trends in Europe Electric scooter and motorcycle market?
2. What are the current market statistics i.e. market size by value & units sold, market shares on the basis of several subcategories?
3. How the market has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
4. Who are the key market players of competitors in the European electric scooter and motorcycles market?
5. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for Europe Electric scooter and motorcycle market?
6. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the Electric scooter and motorcycle market service provider across various regions?