Rising urbanization coupled with the increasing women’s participation in the workforce and continuous R&D by the companies is driving the global infant formula ingredient market. Moreover, and the rise in the demand for the organic infant formula due to the health awareness is contributing to the growth of the global infant formula ingredient market.
According to the MarkNtel Advisors’ research report, “Global Infant formula Ingredients Market Analysis, 2020”, the global infant formula ingredient market is set to grow at a CAGR of around 8.10% during 2020-25 on account of the increasing health awareness and the need for the additional nutrients to the babies coupled with the rising demand for the organic baby food. In 2019, Cow based infant formula ingredient dominated the market as the manufacturer in the industry offers the products which are being made by the cow milk due to the low manufacturing cost and availability of cow milk in the bulk quantity.
Powder is mostly preferred by the end-users in comparison to liquid or semi-liquid form due to the ease of handing. Based on the ingredient type, the probiotic ingredients were more in demand in 2019, in comparison to another ingredient as a probiotic ingredient helps to increase the immunity of infants, supporting in the absorption process, and resisting gastrointestinal problems.
Continuous R&D in the Industry to Contribute to the Infant Formula Ingredients Market
The continuous investments in the industry for the research and developments are contributing to the growth of the market. The companies are focusing on product innovation. For instance, Nestle opened a new R&D center in Ireland in 2019 which is specifically for the development of infant nutrition. Moreover, the European Development bank provided a loan of USD 45.6 million to a Sodiaal, a French dairy for the R&D program which would be focused in areas such as infant nutrition, processing technologies and the new mode of food packaging, etc. So, the investment by the companies would result in the launch of new products for infant nutrition, as revealed by MarkNtel Advisors, in its report on “Global Infant Formula Ingredient Market Analysis, 2020”
According to MarkNtel Advisors, the leading players operating the industry are AAK AB, Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited, Carbery Food Ingredients Limited, Royal Friesland Campina N.V., Sachsenmilch Leppersdorf GmbH, BASF SE, etc. The companies are launching new products to gain a competitive edge in the industry. For Instance, BASF SE launched “ PREBILAC 2’-FL” in 2019 which is a human Milk Oligosaccharide (HMO) for the infants. Moreover the BASF SE and the U.S based company announced their partnership in 2019 with the focus on infant nutrition.
“Global Infant Formula Ingredient Market Analysis, 2020” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the market potential, regional opportunities, key factors impacting sales and purchase decision, hotspots and opportunities available for infant formula ingredient providers across the globe. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor's capabilities on 16 parameters. This will help companies in the competition assessment, formulation of Go to Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for their offerings.
1. By Ingredients Type (Carbohydrates, Oil & Fats, Proteins, Vitamins, Minerals, Prebiotics, Others)
2. By Application (Growing-up Milk, Standard Infant Formula, Follow on Formula, Specialty)
3. By Source (Cow Milk, Soya, Protein Hydrolysates, Others)
4. By Form (Powder, Liquid and Semi Liquid)
5. By Region (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)
6. By Country (The United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, The U.K, France, Italy, Spain, Russia & CIS, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Turkey, South Africa, Egypt, China, India, Japan, South Korea, South East Asia)
7. By Competitors (AAK AB, Carbery Food Ingredients Limited, BASF SE, Arla Foods amba, Others)
Key questions answered in the study
1. What are the current and future trends of the global infant formula ingredient market?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. What are the future plans and customer expectations of end-users across the globe?
4. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
5. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the global infant formula ingredient industry?
6. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the infant formula ingredient suppliers across various regions?