Busy lifestyle coupled with a snowballing inclination of the consumer towards the convenience of food products has amplified in recent years in the Middle East region. The surging number of working women has enlarged the dependency of consumers on ready to eat meals and convenience foods. With the retention of the high amount of nutrients, color, and flavor these canned foods are gaining traction in the market and are most preferred by the consumers in the age group 20 to 45. Furthermore, the rapid increase in a large number of retail formats is positively driving the growth of the canned food market in the Middle East region. COVID-19 negatively impacted the market growth in the early 2020, however this event has strengthened the consumer proximity towards Canned food which is considered to be high quality and delivered with utmost hygiene standards.
The Canned Meat and Seafood Segment Grabbed the Highest Market Share
Numerous canned food products are available in the market including seafood, meat, fruits, vegetables, meats, sweets & desserts, soups & sauces, beans, lentils, pasta, etc. However, the canned meat and seafood segment showcased the highest growth owing to the bolstering demand for meat and seafood products in the region. The canning process retains many essential nutrients. Also, the most preferable product among the Middle Eastern population is meat and seafood products as these are rich in proteins. Therefore, the segment is expected to further escalate during 2020-25 as revealed by the MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Middle East Canned Food Market Analysis, 2020”.
In-organic Segment Bagged the Largest Market Size
In 2019, the in-organic segment held a significant share in the Middle East canned food market. However, the organic segment is expected to harvest a significant growth rate, on account of proliferating consumer’s inclination toward organic food products. Due to the surge in knowledge and awareness about the adverse effects of high chemical and artificial flavour content in-organic food, consumers have become conscious about the food products. Thereby, the demand for organic canned food expected to outperform the in-organic segment through 2025.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’, the key players with a considerable market share in the Middle East Canned Food market include Kraft Heinz, Bolton Group, Conagra, Nestle, Del Monte, Dole Food, Cambell, Others, etc
“Middle East Canned Food Market Analysis, 2020” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the industry potential, key factors impacting sales and purchase decisions, hotspots, and opportunities available for Canned Food providers across the region. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor's capabilities on 16 parameters. This will help companies in the formulation of Go to Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for its offerings.
1. By Product (Meat Products, Fish/Seafood, Vegetables, Fruits, Ready Meals, Others (cooking sauces, desserts, etc.)
2. By Type (Organic, In-Organic)
3. By Distribution Channel (Online Retailers, Convenience Stores, Hypermarkets/Supermarkets, Others)
4. By Region (UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Turkey, Others),
5. By Company (Kraft Heinz, Bolton Group, Conagra, Nestle, Del Monte, Dole Food, Cambell, Others, etc)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future market trends of the Canned Food industry?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
4. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the Canned Food industry?
5. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the Canned Food firms across various regions?