The advent of Industry 4.0 has provided various opportunities for the providers of ICS security. Industry 4.0 integrates automation with advanced manufacturing thereby providing a lucrative target for the cyber criminals. For Instance- In 2016, BlackEnergy and another APT campaign, Sandworm, were the perpetrators behind outages at two power generation facilities in Ukraine. BlackEnergy and KillDisk were the cyber-attacks against mining company and a large railway operator in Ukraine.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Global Industrial Control Systems Security Market Analysis, 2020”, the industrial control systems security market is projected to grow at a CAGR of around 6% during 2020-25. Industries such as mining, gas pipeline infrastructure, oil & gas platforms, and power utility infrastructure are majorly prone to cyber-attacks, thus the market of ICS security is expected to grow amongst various industries. Moreover, the increasing support by the governments to reduce cyber-attacks is anticipated to strongly contribute to the growth of Global ICS security market. The U.S regulatory policy, and government initiatives such as the National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Centre (NCCIC) under the U.S. Department of Homeland Security is continuously trying to decrease risk of cyberattacks.
As per MarkNtel Advisors’ study, the managed security services grabbed a considerable market share in the Global ICS security market in 2019. The demand for the ICS security is surging on account of rising cyber threat on enterprise IT infrastructure, lack of proper security resources and growing BYOD trend. Managed security service provider offers various application to organization that secure the network infrastructure of the organization along with robust threat monitoring system. BSFI industry is largely prone to cybercriminal activities to garner sensitive customer information. For instance, mobile banking has resulted into increased fraud incident where the attacker gain access to customer data.
Moreover, the incident response service also gained a significant market share in the Global ICS security market in 2019. The increasing number of security incident and financial loss by the companies are emerging forces for the demand for incident response service thereby positively impacting the growth of ICS security market.
The major players who has grabbed a considerable market share in the Global industrial control systems security market include ABB, Honeywell, Cisco, Intel, Check Point, Symantec, Sophos, etc.
"Global Industrial Control Systems Security Market Analysis, 2020” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the market potential, regional opportunities, key factors impacting sales and purchase decision, hotspots and opportunities available for ICS security firms across the globe. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor's capabilities on 16 parameters. This will help companies in the competition assessment, formulation of Go to Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for their offerings.
1. By Security (End Point, Network, Application, Content & Database, Security Analytics)
2. By Services (Managed Security, Support & Maintenance, Incident Response, Consulting & Integration, Others)
3. By Solution (Antivirus, Firewall, Intrusion Detection & Prevention, Encryption, Security and Vulnerability Management, Identity and Access Management, Security Configuration Management, Others
4. By End Users (Manufacturing, Power & Utilities, Transport Infrastructure, Others)
5. By Geographic Region (North America, South America, Europe, Middle East & Africa, Asia Pacific)
6. By Competitors (ABB, Honeywell, Cisco, Intel, Check Point, Symantec, Sophos, Others)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the Global industrial control system security market?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. What are the future plans and customer expectations of end-users across the globe?
4. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
5. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the Global industrial control system security market?
6. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the ICS security companies across various regions?