The augmenting end-user industries in the country and less availability of groundwater are generating the demand for desalination plants, and are thus projected to boost the demand for antiscalants in the market in the forthcoming period. Saudi Arabia government introduced five public-private partnership projects in 2018 to increase the capacity of water to 3.4 billion cubic meter of water per day, thus accelerating the demand for antiscalant in the forecast period. Moreover, the demand for clean water from industries is a key factor for the market growth antiscalant in the Middle East.
According to the MarkNtel Advisors’ research report titled “Middle East Antiscalant Market Analysis, 2020”, the CAGR of Middle East Share Antiscalant market is expected to be more than 5% during 2020-25. UAE captured the considerable market share in the Middle East antiscalant market in 2020 on account of increasing consumption of antiscalants in the end-user industries and extensive government initiatives. For instance, with UAE vision 2021, the government is planning to further strengthen its economy, thus the public and private investments in the oil and energy sector is projected to rise in the near future. Therefore, it is further anticipated to propel the market outlook for antiscalants in UAE in the forthcoming years.
The Sea water segment acquired the majority market share in the Middle East Antiscalant market in 2019 on account of depleting ground water in the Middle East region, thus making it more preferable amongst industries. Moreover, sea water antiscalants are used when water source is primarily from an ocean or sea. Sea water usually has a Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) of 15,000 & above. Antiscalants are customized as per the feed water TDS, plant design, and recovery rate. Industries have pipelines to source desalinated water from plants on coastal areas. Thereby, its increasing usage of sea water in the industries is anticipated to proliferate the market growth of the antiscalants in the coming years, as stated in the MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Middle East Antiscalant Market Analysis, 2020”. According to MarkNtel Advisors research report, the Middle East Share Antiscalant market is highly fragmented. The key market players in the Middle East Share Antiscalant market are Nalco, Veolia, Metito, Wetico, Biolab, Avista, BASF, DUBI Chem, etc.
1. By Type (Carbonate, Phosphate, Sulphate, Fluoride, Others (Silica, Magnesium hydroxide, etc.)
2. By Form (Liquid, Solid)
3. By Method (Threshold inhibition, Crystal Modification, Dispersion)
4. By Feed Water (Sea, Brackish)
5. By End-User (Oil & Gas, Metal & Mining. Water Treatment, Power Generation, Chemical Industry, Others (Food & Beverage, Pulp & Paper etc.)
6. By Country (UAE, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, Egypt, Others)
7. By Company (Nalco, Biolab, Veolia, Metito, Wetico, American Engineering Services (AES), Rawabi Chemicals, Fouz Chemical, DUBI Chem, Reza Industrial, Avista, BASF, BWA Water Additives, Kemira, General Electric (Lenntech), Solvay)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the Middle East antiscalant market?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. What are the future plans and customer expectations of end-users across the region?
4. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
5. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the Middle East antiscalant market industry?
6. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from antiscalant suppliers across various regions?