The expansion of consumer electronics market is acting as one of the major drivers for India lithium ion battery market. Several international players are investing in the country by setting up their manufacturing facilities in India. In 2018, Samsung inaugurated the world’s largest mobile factory in Noida, Uttar Pradesh. Moreover, Samsung India also launched its ’Make for the World’ initiative, whereby it aims to export mobile handsets produced in India, to overseas markets. Hence, these initiatives are anticipated to strongly contribute to the growth of India lithium ion battery market.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “India Lithium Ion Battery Market Analysis, 2020”, the lithium ion battery market is projected to grow at a CAGR of around 16% during 2020-25. The increasing initiatives by the government to boost the deployment of electric vehicles in the country is projected to positively impact the growth of India lithium ion battery market. In 2018, the Delhi government drafted an Electrical Vehicle Policy 2018 which aims to make 25% of all vehicle to be electric vehicles by 2023. Moreover, the government’s support to boost the manufacturing of electric vehicles in the country is anticipated to strongly contribute to the demand for lithium ion battery. Under the National Electric Mobility Mission Plan (NEMMP) 2020, the Department of Heavy Industry articulated a Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India (FAME India) Scheme. The scheme encourages manufacturing of electric and hybrid vehicle technology.
As per MarkNtel Advisors’ study, the consumer electronics sector grabbed the highest market share in the India lithium ion battery market in 2019. In consumer electronics segment, lithium ion batteries find wide applications in smartphones, cameras, laptops, electric tools, and other handheld devices. However, with the advent of novel technologies and significant R&D efforts, new applications like telecom tower back-up, plug-in hybrid vehicles, electric vehicles and electrical storage systems are also emerging.
Moreover, the lithium-cobalt oxide captured a significant market share in the India lithium ion battery market in 2019 on account of increasing demand for cell phones, cameras, and laptops in the country.
The major players who has grabbed a considerable market share in the India lithium ion battery market include Panasonic, Murata Electronics, Coslight, Samsung, Envision, ACME Cleantech Solutions, Amco Saft, etc.
"India Lithium Ion Battery Market Analysis, 2020” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the market potential, regional opportunities, key factors impacting sales and purchase decision, hotspots and opportunities available for lithium ion battery firms across the globe. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor's capabilities on 16 parameters. This will help companies in the competition assessment, formulation of Go to Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for their offerings.
1. By Type (Lithium Cobalt Oxide, Lithium Magnese Oxide, Lithium Iron Phosphate Oxide, Others)
2. By Application (Consumer Electronics, Industrial, Automotive)
3. By Geographic Region (North, East, West, South)
4. By Competitors (Panasonic, Murata Electronics, Coslight, Samsung, Envision, ACME Cleantech Solutions, Amco Saft, Others)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the India lithium ion battery market?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. What are the future plans and customer expectations of end-users across the country?
4. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
5. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the India lithium ion battery market?
6. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the lithium ion battery companies across various regions?