India's construction chemicals market is still at the nascent stage and is gaining pace. Construction chemicals are mixed with the other construction materials to improve the workability, durability and enhance performance. Thus, the demand for construction chemicals is expected to drive in the future. Moreover, government participation and formulation of “Green Revolution” buildings and escalating foreign investment are some of the noticeable factors for the growth of construction chemicals.
Additionally, the preference for using ready-to-mix concrete (RMC) and rapid urbanization ad development of new residential for emerging nuclear families is also a factor for the growth of construction chemicals. The rising construction of new buildings and renovation activities across the country is expected to boost the overall demand for construction chemicals.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ report “India Construction Chemicals Market Analysis, 2020”, the market is expected to grow with a CAGR of around 13% during 2020-25. The market is growing on account of the company’s investment in R&D, adopting sustainable products and technological advancements. Top 5 leading players in the country account for around 50-60% of the market and there are over 300 local manufacturers that produce low-value products.
Northern Region grabbed the Largest Market Share but Southern would grow Rapidly
In 2019, the northern region had the highest growth rate but the southern region that consists of Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, and Tamil Nadu has potential for the infrastructural and construction development. Thereby the cities attract investment opportunities from the service manufacturing companies. However, Gujrat and Maharashtra due to the presence of chemical and engineering companies are the major market contributor, as revealed by MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “India Construction Chemicals Market Analysis, 2020”.
Boom in the Demand for Waterproofing Chemicals due to Better Performance
With the propelled per capita spending of individuals the demand for waterproofing chemicals has boosted up in the market. Moreover, concrete mixtures and flooring compounds are also gaining traction in the market. Also, the demand for products such as concrete admixtures, adhesives, and sealants is flourishing as these are used for renovation, rehabilitation, and other segments.
According to MarkNtel Advisors, the major companies capturing a considerable market share are Pidilite Industries, Sika AG, BASF SE, Fosroc, Inc., W.R Grace and Company, Dow Chemicals, Chryso, Arkema Group, Mapei, Chembond Chemicals among others. Companies are investing in R&Ds for expansion and innovation. In 2016, BASF launched the company’s sixth construction chemical plant in Kharagpur, West Bengal. Also, Forsoc India inaugurated its new Power plant in May 2018 in Kolkata.
India Construction Chemicals Market Analysis, 2020” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the market potential, regional opportunities, key factors impacting sales and purchase decision, hotspots and opportunities available for construction chemicals firms across the country. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor's capabilities on 16 parameters. This will help companies in the competition assessment, formulation of Go to Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for their offerings.
1. By Type (Concrete Admixtures, Waterproofing Chemicals, Adhesives and Sealants, Flooring Compounds, Repair and Rehabilitation, Protective Coatings, Others)
2. By End User (Infrastructure, Commercial, Industrial, Residential, Public Space)
3. By Region (North, south, West and East)
4. By Company (Pidilite Industries, Sika AG, BASF SE, Fosroc, Inc., W.R Grace and Company, Dow Chemicals, Chryso, Arkema Group, Mapei, Chembond Chemicals)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the Construction Chemicals market?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. What are the future plans and customer expectations of end-users across the country?
4. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
5. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the Construction Chemicals market?
6. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the Construction Chemicals companies across various regions?