The rising number of tourists in certain countries is strongly contributing to the growth of air conditioner market in North Africa as new hotels are being established in the countries. The easing investment opportunities in Egypt have boosted the surging foreign investments in the countries. In 2017, Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal announced to expand the Four Seasons Resort in Egypt. The expansion includes adding 800 new rooms at a total investment of USD 380 million.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “North Africa Air Conditioner Market Analysis, 2020”, the air conditioner market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of around 6% during 2020-25. Egypt and Algeria are the prime countries that generate demand for air conditioners in North Africa due to Egypt vision 2030 and Algeria investment plan 2015-2019. The plans of these countries adds to more residential and commercial development, which generates demand for air conditioners in the region. Moreover, the residential sector in Algeria is the major revenue generator for room air conditioners in the country. The residential sector is expected to outpace the commercial sector in the forthcoming period due to the rising purchasing power and disposable income of the customers.
The introduction of inverter air conditioners in the countries with less energy consumption, faster cooling, longer service life, and eco-friendliness is expected to positively impact the growth of air conditioner market in the years to come, revealed by MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “North Africa Air Conditioner Market Analysis, 2020”. For instance: LG and Condor are introducing such air conditioners in Algeria over the past couple of years and the traction of end-users towards these air conditioners is surging at a faster pace.
As per MarkNtel Advisors’ study, the residential, commercial, and retail sector captured a significant market share in the North Africa air conditioner market in 2019. The highest market share is attributed to the increased initiatives by the governments. In 2016, Tunisia government introduced a development plan called Tunisia 2020 which aims for the development of several projects in the tourism, energy and utilities, education, healthcare, industrial and housing sectors.
North Africa Air Conditioner Market Analysis, 2020” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the market potential, regional opportunities, key factors impacting sales and purchase decision, hotspots and opportunities available for air conditioner firms across the globe. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor's capabilities on 16 parameters. This will help companies in the competition assessment, formulation of Go to Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for their offerings.
1. By Type (Window, Split, Floor Standing, Cassette, Packaged, Ducted Split, Centralized)
2. By End Users (Residential, Healthcare, Commercial Buildings, Retail, Govt. & Transportation, Hospitality, Oil & Gas, Others)
3. By Geographic Region (Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Sudan, Others)
4. By Competitors (Samsung, LG, Awal, Gree, Daikin, Carrier, Hitachi, Midea, Others)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the North Africa air conditioner market?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. What are the future plans and customer expectations of end-users across the region?
4. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
5. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the North Africa air conditioner market?
6. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the air conditioner companies across various regions?