The Building Automation System facilitates the efficient utilization of energy through connecting the independent building energy systems such as lighting, HVAC, fire protection, among others to a common platform and allowing centralized automated control, which is enacting as a key driver for the Building Automation system in the region.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “South East Asia Building Automation System Market Analysis, 2020”, the South East Asia Building Automation market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of around 13% during 2020-25. The growing urbanization rate in the region has supported the expansion of diverse industries including housing, infrastructure etc. This, in turn, has provided the scope for innovation and technological advancement in the countries. Moreover, the government of South-East Asian countries are also taking green initiatives such as promoting the construction of green buildings, conservation of energy, and others that contribute to the demand for building automation system. For instance: Considering the power consumption by the industrial and residential and corporate buildings, the Building and Construction Authority of Singapore has adopted the Green Mark Scheme through which it targets 80% conversion of the building to be certified by 2030.
Commercial and Retail Vertical to Grow at Highest CAGR Through 2025
The commercial and retail segment is expected to be the fastest growing end user vertical in the South East Asia Building Automation Market during the forecast period 2020-25, owing to the large scale deployment in commercial buildings such as shopping complexes and public transport infrastructure in the economies. Whereas, the corporate offices, hospitality & leisure, and the date center segments were the largest application areas of building automation systems in the region during 2015-19.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’, Schneider Electric, Siemens Building Technology, Johnson Controls, and Honeywell are the leading competitors in the South East Asia Building Automation market, with the consolidated revenues exceeding half of the market. Some of the other key players in the South East Asia Building Automation market includes the name of Robert Bosch, ABB, Hitachi Ltd., among others. However, the overall South East Asia BAS market is relatively more fragmented with the presence of around 60-70 small and large manufacturing companies into the industry.
“South East Asia Building Automation System Market Analysis, 2020” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the industry potential, key factors impacting sales and purchase decision, hotspots and opportunities available for Building Automation providers across the South East Asia. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor's capabilities on 16 parameters. This will help companies in the formulation of Go to Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for its offerings.
1. By Type (Security & Access Control (SAC) System, Building Energy Management (BEM) System, Building Management Software (BMS), Facility Management System, Fire Protection System, Others)
2. By Control Technology (Wired, Wireless)
3. By End User (Data Center, Hospitality & Leisure, Healthcare, Industrial, Corporate Office, Commercial & Retail, Others)
4. By Country (Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, The Philippines, Vietnam)
5. By Company (Siemens Building Technology, Johnson Controls, Schneider Electric, Honeywell, Robert Bosch, ABB, Hitachi Ltd., and Others)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the South East Asia Building Automation industry?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
4. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the South East Asia Building Automation industry?
5. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the Building Automation suppliers across various regions?