In India, individuals find it extremely difficult to get rid of the mosquitoes, thus, individuals in the country are bound to use mosquito repellents. Moreover, the rising incidence of fatal diseases such as dengue, malaria, and chikungunya has amplified in recent years resulting in an induced demand for mosquitoes’ repellents in recent years. The penetration of these repellents is gaining pace in rural areas of the country and individuals are getting aware of the diseases associated with mosquitoes. Thereby, boosting the overall market of mosquito repellent.
According to the MarkNtel Advisors’ research report, “India Mosquito Repellent Market Analysis, 2020”, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of less than 5% during 2020-25. The mounting awareness of vector-borne diseases is propelling the demand for mosquito repellent in the country. Thus, the demand for mosquito repellents such as stripes, creams, sprays, coils, and vaporizers is gaining momentum in India. Moreover, the “agarbatti” launched by Godrej under its Goodknight brands is gaining popularity in the unorganized sector.
Coil Segment Led the Market; Herbal Mosquito Repellant Gaining Traction
The dominance of the coil segment is projected to prevail for some more years. Godrej introduced the coil years before still dominating the market with the largest market share. The Godrej brand Good Knight mats and liquid primarily dictates the market for many decades now. However, with the introduction of herbal mosquito repellents such as fabric roll-on, perfumes, and sprays, creams and lotions, etc. The mosquito repellent industry is shifting to new repellents launched in the market.
Moreover, the East region is more prone to vector-borne diseases thus, the region is anticipated to gain a substantial market share. However, the West region is expected to dominate the market as the region with the increased awareness for health in the region, as revealed by MarkNtel Advisors in their research report, “India Mosquito Repellent Market Analysis, 2020”
According to the MarkNtel Advisors, the major leading players are Godrej, Reckitt Benckiser, SC Johnson, Jyothy, Dabur, Herbal Strategi, Himalaya, Goodluck Syndicate, Midas Hygiene, Vitromed. The companies in the organized market are investing in R&D and developing products to penetrate the rural region at affordable prices. Thus, Godrej recently introduced Good Knight Fast Cards that only cost around USD 0.1 per card. Hence, these initiatives further stimulate the growth of mosquitoes in the region.
Godrej currently dominates the unorganized sector through the product launched made up of neem and turmeric. Godrej accounts for a considerable market share with its Goodnight and Hit. Bayer launched Aqua K- Othrine for mosquito management in 2018, in India. Aqua K-Othrine is a water-based spray formula.
“India Mosquito Repellent Market Analysis, 2020”, provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the industry potential, key factors such as trends, drivers, hotspots and opportunities and challenges available for the India Mosquito Repellent market providers across the globe. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key leading players in the industry, along with competitive benchmarking and competition matrix and company profiling.
1. By End User (Residential, Commercial, Corporate Offices, Educational Institution, Hospitality)
2. By Product Type (Coil Based, Liquid/ Vaporizers Based, Aerosol/ Spray Based, Cream and Lotion Based, Stickers, Mats)
3. By Distribution Channel (Traditional Retail, Supermarkets /Hypermarkets, Online, Others),
4. By Sector (Organised and Unorganised)
5. By Region (North, south, West, and East)
6. By Company (Godrej, Rekitt Benckiser, SC Johnson, Jyothy, Dabur, Herbal Strategi, Himalaya, Goodluck Syndicate, Midas Hygine, Vitromed)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the India Mosquito Repellent market?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. What are the future plans and customer expectations of end-users across the country?
4. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
5. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the India Mosquito Repellent market?
6. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from India Mosquito Repellent suppliers across various regions?