The Urban Air Mobility (UAM) is the term used for aerial on-demand transportation of passengers and cargo. Due to increasing passenger traffic on roads and increasing consumer ability to pay more for such premium services, has been driving the demand for Urban Air Mobility.
Moreover, the increasing automation in the aviation sector and rising investments by the manufacturers of aircraft on building autonomous Arial vehicles such as eVTOLs and Unmanned Arial Vehicle due to its promulgating application in the commercial sector is expected to boost the demand for urban air mobility in the years to come.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Global Urban Air Mobility Market Analysis, 2020”, the global urban air mobility market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of around 12% during 2020-25, owing to the rising deployment of UAV’s in the civil and commercial sectors, increasing proliferation of the services like Arial Taxi, Arial Metro, and for commercial purpose viz., transportation and logistics, last-mile connectivity.
Platform Segment to Witness the Highest Growth Rate
Based on the component, the platform segment is projected to grow at the highest rate in the forthcoming years, attributed to increasing investments by the manufacturers on the development of advanced autonomous technologies in the Arial vehicles for their disposition in the commercial sector, as revealed by MarkNtel Advisors’ research report on “Global Urban Air Mobility Market Analysis, 2020”.
Further, the rising construction of the supportive infrastructure and supportive government policies for the commercialization of UAV has been augmenting the market growth. Among the platform segments, the Arial taxi, and last-mile delivery sub-segments is expected to attain the maximum customer penetration due to its surging demand in North America.
North America Region Anticipated to Lead the Global UAM Market
On the basis of regional segmentation, the North America region is projected to lead the global urban air mobility during 2020-25. While Europe would exhibit the highest CAGR during the same period. The United States is expected to be the largest contributing country in the overall urban air mobility market. The countries in the European region such as Germany, France are making lucrative investments in the aviation sector for the development of advanced autonomous technologies for the eVTOL systems.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’, some the of key competitors operating in the Global Urban Air Mobility market includes Aurora Flight Sciences, Siemens, Embraer, Volocopter, A3 by Airbus, Workhorse Group, Pipistrel, Bell Helicopter, etc.
In 2019, an automobile manufacturer company Porsche and a leading aircraft manufacturing company Boeing have signed a partnership agreement for the exploration of the market for premium personal urban air mobility and extension of urban traffic into aerospace. Further, Boeing, Porsche and one the Boeing’s subsidiary Aurora Flight Sciences are concentrating their efforts on the development of fully electric vertical takeoff and landing vehicles.
“Global Urban Air Mobility Market Analysis, 2020” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the industry potential, key factors impacting sales and purchase decisions, hotspots, and opportunities available for Urban Air Mobility providers across the Globe. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor's capabilities on 16 parameters. This will help companies in the formulation of Go to Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for its offerings.
1. By Operation (Piloted, Autonomous)
2. By Component (Platform, Infrastructure)
3. By End User (Civilian, Last Mile Delivery, Military, Arial Imaging Systems, Unmanned Biologic Transport, Medical Air Rescue, Transport & Logistics, Road Traffic Patrol, Railway & Power Line Surveillance, Others)
4. By Range (Intracity, Intercity)
5. By Region (North America, South America, Europe, Middle East, and Africa, Asia- Pacific)
6. By Country (United States, Brazil, Switzerland, Germany, France, Belgium, Bulgaria, Estonia, Finland, Poland, Netherlands, UAE, Rest of Middle East & Africa, China, Japan, India, Australia, New Zealand)
7. By Company (Aurora Flight Sciences, Siemens, Embraer, Volocopter, A3 by Airbus, Workhorse Group, Pipistrel, Bell Helicopter, and Others)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the Global Urban Air Mobility industry?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
4. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the Global Urban Air Mobility industry?
5. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the Urban Air Mobility suppliers across various regions?