China is considered to be the largest consumer of energy drinks worldwide. These drinks are gaining gradual popularity among youngsters largely because students tend to consume drinks as they help them stay awake and also to concentrate better on studying. The China energy drink market is expected to grow at a high rate owing to the fast-paced lifestyles of the people in the country, robust urbanization, and rising discretionary income. Moreover, various Chinese companies have adopted longer working hours which, as a result, encouraged consumers to incline more toward such drinks to refuel energy. Apart from this, rising awareness amongst people over energy drinks regarding the presence of too many artificial additives and its side effects are few of the factors hampering the growth of the China energy drink market.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ research report titled “China Energy Drink Market Analysis, 2020”, the China Energy Drink market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of around 5.1% during 2020-25. Based on product type, non-organic acquired the majority market share in China energy drink market. Natural segment is expected to grow at the fastest rate in the forecast period as Chinese consumers are actively preferring energy drinks that are made with natural ingredients such as green coffee bean extract, ginseng and vitamins, electrolytes, and natural caffeine from guarana etc.
“China Energy Drink Market Analysis, 2020” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the industry potential, key factors impacting sales and purchase decisions, hotspots, and growth opportunities available for Energy Drink providers across the country. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor's capabilities on 16 parameters. This will help companies in the formulation of Go to Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for its offerings.
Off-Trade Segment Acquired the Majority Market Share
By distribution channel, off-trade acquired the majority market share as consumers prefer purchase of energy drinks form stores near workplaces and sports centers and supermarket. In addition, the expansion of convenience stores and rapid development in retail distribution channel in the country is making energy drinks more accessible to customers. However, on-trade is also growing at the fastest rate on an account of easy availability of the product on various online platforms and outbreak of COVID-19 which has surged the growth of online sales. Thus, this is expected to bolster the growth of the Energy Drink Market in the forthcoming period as stated in MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “China Energy Drink Market Analysis, 2020”.
According to MarkNtel Advisors, the key players with a considerable market share in the China Energy Drink market are Red Bull, Monster Energy Company, Taisho Pharmaceutical California, Inc., Daly Foods Group, Hangzhou Wahaha Group Co. Ltd., Coca-Cola, PepsiCo., Southland Trade Company Ltd., Otsuka Pharmaceutical etc.
1. By Product Type (Organic, Non-Organic, Natural)
2. By Product (Alcoholic, Non- Alcoholic)
3. By Target Consumer (Teenagers, Adults, Geriatric)
4. By Distribution Channel (On trade, Off trade)
5. By Country (North, North-East, North-West, East, South-West, South-Central),
6. By Company (Red Bull, Monster Energy Company, Taisho Pharmaceutical California, Inc., Daly Foods Group, Hangzhou Wahaha Group Co. Ltd., Coca-Cola, PepsiCo., Southland Trade Company Ltd., Otsuka Pharmaceutical etc.)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the Energy Drink industry?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
4. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the Energy Drink industry?
5. What is the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the Energy Drink firms across various regions?