With the rising prevalence of ageing population with the continuous rise in the number of chronic diseases, the demand for hospital EMR is surging at a rapid rate. Moreover, with the increased adoption of EMR cloud based, the hospital electronic health record market is further undergoing a greater transformation which is expected to stimulate the EMR market and is anticipated to grow by a healthy rate during 2020-25.
General EMR segment is anticipated to grow at a rapid rate during 2020-25. The general EMR are widely used due to their multi-specialty capabilities and multi-functions such as CPOE, controlled medical vocabulary, clinical data repository, billing and ordering and clinical decision support. These systems have incorporated plug-ins and are designed for use by universal practices.
On premise segment dominated the market and had the largest market size in 2019 and is anticipated to further grow in forthcoming periods owing to the safety of inventory data, cost benefits and offering enhanced control. The on- premise segment allows the user to decide the time for the upgradation of the software, time to train the employees and test the software.
Service segment is witnessing a rise in demand for hospital EMR as the healthcare IT industry depends on the service providers for the storage, training, maintenance, technology upgrades, implementation. Moreover, the service segment is further driven by the launch of new complex softwares that require training and upgrades. Thus, the service segment is anticipated to witness a surge during 2020-25.
North America dominated the hospital EMR in 2019 followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific. North America has continuous growing number of patients suffering from chronic diseases thus leads the hospital EMR market. With the burgeoning ageing population and increasing healthcare IT spending in developing economies such as China, India and Malaysia, the adoption for hospital EMR is surging. Asia-Pacific is a lucrative market for the healthcare and has a growth potential to expand its operations in the allied industries.
However, the high cost of hospitals EMR is curbing the demand for hospitals EMR during 2020-2025 as revealed by MarkNtel Advisors’ in their research report, “Global Hospitals EMR Market Analysis, 2020”.
According to the MarkNtel Advisors the major leading players are MEDHOST, Cantata Health LLC, Intersystem Corporation, Cerner Corporation, eclinical Works, MEDITECH, All Scripts Healthcare, Epic Corporation, AthenaHealth, McKesson among others. In 2018, Epic introduced an EMR named Sonnet for smaller hospitals with a reduced feature scope and Cerner HER to be installed in United States with a deal size around USD 10 billion announced by Veterans Affairs Department in the same year.
“Global Hospitals EMR Market Analysis, 2020”, provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the industry potential, key factors such as trends, drivers, hotspots and opportunities and challenges available for hospitals EMR providers across the globe. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key leading players in the industry, along with competitive benchmarking and competition matrix and company profiling.
1. By Component (Hardware, Software and Service)
2. By Mode of Delivery (Cloud Based and On-Premise)
3. By Hospital Size (Small, Medium and Large)
4. By Type (Specialty EMR and General EMR)
5. By Region (North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa and Asia-Pacific)
6. By Country (United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, Italy, United Kingdom, Spain, France, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, China, India, Japan, Australia, South Korea)
7. By Company (MEDHOST, Cantata Health LLC, Intersystem Corporation, Cerner Corporation, eclinical Works, MEDITECH, All Scripts Healthcare, Epic Corporation, AthenaHealth, McKesson)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the global hospital EMR market?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. What are the future plans and customer expectations of end-users across the globe?
4. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
5. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the global cotinine screening devices market industry?
6. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from global hospitals EMR companies across various regions?