Diesel generator is the necessity for the industrial and commercial sectors. Diesel power generator comprises of more than 70% of the overall generator market. Easy availability of the fuel along with its cost efficiency and safe operation of the diesel base gensets in comparison to its counterpart gasoline based generators is enacting as the favorable factor for the market growth.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Global Diesel Generator Market Analysis, 2020”, the global Diesel Generator market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of around 8% during 2020-25. Power shortfall in the rural areas and the increasing demand and supply power gap during the peak seasons, widespread availability of the fuel, rising demand for continuous power supply, are some of the key factors driving the diesel generator market globally.
Moreover, the growth in the mining activities in the middle east and Africa region along with the widening demand from the oil and gas industry across the globe has been booting the requirement for supportive power supply source.
Mining and Oil & Gas End User Segment Contributing to the Leading Market Share
Based on the end user application segment, the industrial and commercial segment together held the largest market share. Location disadvantage of the mining industry, in the areas of out of grid coverage has been resulting into the majority contribution by the mining industry in the global Diesel Generator market as revealed by MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Global Diesel Generator Market Analysis, 2020”. The mining and oil and gas industry demand continuous power supply to carry on extraction and refining activities.
The commercial sector includes hospitality, healthcare, Telecommunications, IT and other service sector. the requirement for continuous power supply at hospitals, telecom towers and at hotels, clubs and cafés has resulted in the resulted into the maximum sales of medium and high range diesel power generators in the commercial sector by volume.
Stand by Application Segment Generating Maximum Returns for the Market
According to MarkNtel Advisors’, on the basis of application, the stand by Diesel Generator market dominated the market in 2019 owing to its widespread demand from the mining, public amenity sector such as hospitals, transportation, and telecommunication sector. These sectors require uninterrupted power supply. The diesel generators are used in most of the industrial and commercial sector as an alternative to power supply during emergency situation or during breakdown of grid power connection and power outages.
The Peak shaving is the least preferable application of diesel generators. The peak shaving technique facilitated the management of power supply between the peak and the non-peak hours of operations. Due to continuous uninterrupted power demand from highly delicate end-user sectors such as hospitality, oil and gas, chemical industry, the continuous diesel generation application held the second largest position.
The list of key leading players in the global Diesel Generator market includes, Caterpiller Inc., APR Energy, Atlas Copco AB, Kirloskar Electric, Cummins Inc., Kohler Co., Agreeko PLC., Generac Power Holdings, Inc, etc.
“Global Diesel Generator Market Analysis, 2020” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the industry potential, key factors impacting sales and purchase decision, hotspots and opportunities available for Diesel Generator providers across the Globe. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor's capabilities on 16 parameters. This will help companies in the formulation of Go to Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for its offerings.
1. By Application (Peak Shaving, Standby Power, Base Load/Continuous Power)
2. By End User (Government & Utilities, Oil, Gas and Mining, Construction, Telecommunication, Manufacturing, and Others)
3. By Power Rating (Upto 30 KW, 30-60 KW, 60-150 KW, 150-300KW, 300-500KW, 500-1000KW, and Above 1000 KW)
4. By Region (North America, South America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Asia- Pacific)
5. By Company (Caterpiller Inc., APR Energy, Atlas Copco AB, Kirloskar Electric, Cummins Inc., Kohler Co., Agreeko PLC., Generac Power Holdings, Inc., and Others)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the Global Diesel Generator industry?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
4. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the Global Diesel Generator industry?
5. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the Diesel Generator suppliers across various regions?