Diesel generator (DG) formed about 95% of the overall generator market in the Latin America in 2019. Easy fuel availability, low maintenance and operational cost of the system in comparison to other alternatives, have been surging for diesel generators demand.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Latin America Diesel Generator Market Analysis, 2020”, the regional diesel generator market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of around 8% during 2020-25. Under developed or developing power infrastructure, boosting number of power outages and power failure, growing demand for un-interrupted power supply and developments in the diesel generator technologies such as hybrid renewable energy system and next generation generators are some of the key factors driving the product demand in the region.
Rising industrialization and construction activities in the countries along with the development of the oil and gas industry in Brazil and Mexico are expected to promulgate the diesel generator market growth.
For instance, to boost the development of infrastructure and PPI (Public Private Investments) in Argentina, the Government has formulated the set of business friendly reforms. As of 2018, 11 out of 23 provinces have adhered to the PPP laws. The government had planned a total investment worth USD26 Billion in PPP investment across different sectors of infrastructure including Energy and Mining, Transportation, Communication and Technology, Water, Sanitation and Housing, and Education, Health and Justice.
Low and Medium Range Power Capacity Diesel Gensets Gaining Highest Customer Traction
Among the segmentation of diesel generator market on the basis of power rating the low power gensets lying within the energy range of 0-60 KW experienced the highest volume shipment in 2019 followed by the medium range generator sets those are deployed in the industrial and the commercial sectors.
The market for very high power ranging diesel generators with power capacity of more than 1000 KW is anticipated to attain the highest CAGR growth during 2020-25, owing to the increasing automation in the power distribution system conjoint with the application of smart technologies in the power grids, as revealed by MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Global Diesel Generator Market Analysis, 2020”. The mining and oil and gas industry demand continuous power supply to carry on extraction and refining activities.
Stand by Application Segment Generating Maximum Returns for the Market
According to MarkNtel Advisors’, on the basis of application, the stand by Diesel Generator market dominated the market in 2019 owing to the increasing demand for the un-interrupted power supply from commercial and industrial sectors. Commercial sector that includes (IT, utility sector, hotels, and other service facilities including banks, hospitals, etc.) demand unbreakable supply of electricity to continue their operations.
Standby diesel generators offer instant power backup within the minute seconds. With proliferating urbanization and commercialization, the market for stand by application segment is further anticipated to surge in the forecast period.
The list of key leading players in the global Diesel Generator market includes, Caterpillar Inc., Cummins Inc., Generac Holdings Inc., Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Engine & Turbochargers, Kohler Co., FG Wilson, AKSA Power Generation, etc.
“Global Diesel Generator Market Analysis, 2020” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the industry potential, key factors impacting sales and purchase decision, hotspots and opportunities available for Diesel Generator providers across the Globe. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor's capabilities on 16 parameters. This will help companies in the formulation of Go to Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for its offerings.
1. By Application (Peak Shaving, Standby Power, Base Load/Continuous Power)
2. By End User (Government & Utilities, Oil, Gas and Mining, Construction, Telecommunication, Manufacturing, and Others)
3. By Power Rating (Upto 30 KW, 30-60 KW, 60-150 KW, 150-300KW, 300-500KW, 500-1000KW, and Above 1000 KW)
4. By Countries (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, and Chile)
5. By Company (Caterpillar Inc., Cummins Inc., Generac Holdings Inc., Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Engine &Turbochargers, Kohler Co., FG Wilson, AKSA Power Generation, etc.)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the Global Diesel Generator industry?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
4. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the Global Diesel Generator industry?
5. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the Diesel Generator suppliers across various regions?