With the rising population and traffic congestion, the demand for intelligent transport systems has been emerging. The need for advanced technological systems such as driver monitoring devices and ABS has been growing to ensure passenger safety. The automotive industry is going through technological changes as the OEMs are continuously trying to develop new features in vehicles to stay competitive. A digital automotive cockpit helps the driver to use maps and media with the help of infotainment systems established in vehicles. These vehicles, enable the driver to focus on the vehicles with the integration of Artificial Intelligence (AI). This demand for digital cabin cockpits is augmented in vehicles with the integration of safety systems. Moreover, the digital automotive cabins consist of infotainment systems that feature more than one display with relevant information.
According to the MarkNtel Advisors’ research report, “Global Automotive Digital Cockpit Market Analysis, 2020”, the CAGR of the automotive digital cockpit market is expected to be around 14% during 2020-25 owing to the growth in the electric vehicles and advanced driver assistance systems in vehicles.
Europe is anticipated to hold the largest market share followed by North America due to the strict government norms regarding the driver and vehicle safety on road. However, Asia-Pacific is witnessing a considerable growth rate with the burgeoning production of electric vehicles and connected cars. China is the leading market of the automotive digital cockpit followed by Japan and India that are the merging hotspots in the region. With the presence of designers, developers and manufacturers Japan is estimated to attract OEMs and tier1 suppliers to invest in the automotive industry.
Rising Demand for Connected Cars and Electric Vehicles
The automotive industry is going through technological advancements with the burgeoning sales of high-end passenger cars integrated with a human-machine interface and autonomous cars. With the rising awareness among millennials the need for electric vehicles, the adoption of hybrid electric vehicles and electric vehicles are surging. Connected cars with the integration of features such as the digital cockpit, driver assistance systems, navigation systems are further fueling the demand for the automotive digital cockpit. The OEMs have started integrating the human-machine interfaces in compact cars.
Camera-based systems are registering a substantial growth owing to the presence of human-machine interface which connects the vehicle with the owner and alerts the driver by continuous monitoring. Moreover, the passenger car segment is anticipated to surge as the demand for the automotive digital cockpit is rising with the burgeoning sales of high-end luxury cars as revealed by MarkNtel Advisors’ in their research report, “Global Automotive Digital Cockpit Market Analysis, 2020”
According to the MarkNtel Advisors’ the major leading players are Robert Bosch, Faurecia, Aptiv, Visteon, Continental AG, Pioneer Corporation, Harman International, Luxoft, Nvidia and Denso Corporation among others. In 2019, Visteon Corporation launched a fully digital cluster displaying holographic objects on new PEUGEOT 208. It has the features of notifying the information such as speed, can create an image of 3D graphics and distance of other vehicles. This is a part of PEUGEOT’s unique 3D i-cockpit.
“Global Automotive Digital Cockpit Market Analysis, 2020”, provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the industry potential, key factors such as trends, drivers, hotspots and opportunities and challenges available for automotive ventilation seat providers across the globe. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key leading players in the industry, along with competitive benchmarking and competition matrix and company profiling.
1. Global Automotive Digital Cockpit Market Analysis,2020
2. By Vehicle Type (Passenger Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle)
3. By Electric Vehicle Type (Hybrid Electric Vehicle, ICE, Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle, Battery Electric Vehicle), By Propulsion (Hybrid Electric Vehicle, ICE, Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle, Battery Electric Vehicle, and Internal Combustion engine)
4. By Equipment (Digital Monitoring Instrument Cluster, Advanced Head Unit, Camera-Based Driver)
5. By Region (North America, South America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Asia-Pacific)
6. By Country (United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Germany, Italy, United Kingdom, Spain, France, China, India, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, ASEAN)
7. By Company (Robert Bosch, Faurecia, Aptiv, Visteon, Continental AG, Pioneer Corporation, Harman International, Luxoft, Nvidia, Denso Corporation)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the global automotive digital cockpit market?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. What are the future plans and customer expectations of end-users across the globe?
4. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
5. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the global digital cockpit industry?
6. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from global automotive digital cockpit suppliers across various regions?