The rising electricity consumption in the country is projected to positively impact the demand for diesel generators. According to the General Authority of Statistics, the electricity consumption was the highest in the residential sector in 2018. The residential sector consumed 130,428 gigawatt/hour of electricity in 2018. Moreover, with the growth in average annual temperature of the country, the demand for air conditioners is burgeoning at a faster pace. The air conditioning consumed around 70% of the total electricity produced by the Kingdom in 2018. Therefore, in order to meet the burgeoning power requirement, diesel generators are playing a vital role.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Saudi Arabia Diesel Generator Market Analysis, 2020”, the diesel generator market is projected to grow at a CAGR of less than 5% during 2020-25. The economic diversification and introduction of new projects apart from oil & gas sector has boosted the number of foreign investments in the country. The total number of greenfield investments reached 103 in 2018 from 89 in 2017. Hence, it is estimated to result in the establishment of new buildings which would positively impact the growth of Saudi Arabia diesel generator market.
The increasing government support for utilizing renewable energy sources for power generation is anticipated to pose a challenge for the Saudi Arabia diesel generator market. In order to reduce the harmful emissions from diesel generators, the end users along with the government of Saudi Arabia are slowly encouraging the usage of solar enabled generators. Hence, the government and Saudi Arabia Solar Industry Association (SASIA) are increasingly taking initiatives to boost the adoption of solar based generators in the country, revealed by MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Saudi Arabia Diesel Generator Market Analysis, 2020”.
As per MarkNtel Advisors’ study, the stand by power generators captured a considerable market share in the Saudi Arabia diesel generator market in 2019. The stand by power generators are operated when the primary source of power is not available. The major end users of these generators are hotels, hospitals, government buildings, retail malls, etc. Moreover, the country is moving towards economic diversification thereby positively impacting the establishment of various theme parks, entertainment hubs, and tourist destinations. Therefore, it is expected to strongly contribute to the growth of Saudi Arabia diesel generator market.
The key players who has grabbed a considerable market share in the Saudi Arabia diesel generator market include Cummins, Caterpillar, FG Wilson, Perkins, MTU, etc.
"Saudi Arabia Diesel Generator Market Analysis, 2020” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the market potential, regional opportunities, key factors impacting sales and purchase decision, hotspots and opportunities available for diesel generator firms across the country. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor's capabilities on 16 parameters. This will help companies in the competition assessment, formulation of Go to Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for their offerings.
1. By Capacity (5 KVA to 75KVA, 75.1 KVA to 375 KVA, 375.1 to 750 KVA, 750.1 KVA to 1000 KVA, Above 1000 KVA)
2. By Type (Stand By, Prime & Continuous Power, Peak Shaving)
3. By End Users (Commercial & Telecom, Govt. & Transport, Residential, Oil & Gas, Retail)
4. By Geographic Region (East, West, South, Central)
5. By Competitors (Cummins, Caterpillar, FG Wilson, Perkins, MTU, Others)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the Saudi Arabia Diesel Generator market?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. What are the future plans and customer expectations of end-users across the country?
4. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
5. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the Saudi Arabia Diesel Generator market?
6. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the diesel generators companies across various regions?