The facility management service market in China is surging on an account of rising construction activities in the arenas of healthcare, hospitality, residential, and commercial as well. However, the industry is expected to witness a slowdown during 2020 and 2021, due to the COVID-19 pandemic which has resulted in reduced spending on peripheral activities. A global slowdown would push the major organizations in China to go on a cost-cutting spree. Moreover, the tourism industry is expected to exhibit a jolt that would negatively impact investments on facility management services in China during 2020 and 2021.
The construction more number of healthcare facilities has further generated the demand for facility management services in the country. Also, a major emphasis on accreditation by adopting LEED certification and the government’s investment in the real-estate sector and infrastructural development in the country is resulting in the growth in the China facility management market.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ research report titled “China Facility Management Market Analysis, 2020”, the market size of China facility management service is forecast to grow at a CAGR of around 5.5% during 2020-25. The demand for facility management is expected to witness an uptick due to surging healthcare facilities in the country in 2020, due to national health emergencies, Furthermore, the creation of large enterprises, commercial hubs and industries due to the “Made in China 2025” plan is anticipated to contribute to the market growth of China Facility management market in the forthcoming year.
Commercial Sector to Emerge as the Major Demand Driver
In 2019, the commercial segment acquired the major market share as the commercial sector actively needs the facility management services for the proper maintenance of the building, to limit the periodic maintenance charges, time savings, and unnecessary extended downtime for the equipment. However, the industrial sector and residential sector are also receiving services from facility management companies for the budget and time savings.
Hard Services to Dominate the Market
In 2019, the Hard services dominated the market and this trend is expected to remain the same in the forthcoming years of 2020-25 too. The demand for district cooling and HVAC services acquired a majority market share in 2019.
The demand for cleaning facility from malls, Hospitals, educational institutions, IT parks, industrial premises, and other corporates would emerge due to the large building size and need for proper maintenance of the building, as stated in MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “China Facility Management Market Analysis, 2020”. However, the demand for property, catering, security, support services is expected to grow at a considerable pace in the forthcoming years.
According to MarkNtel Advisors, some the of key competitors operating in the China facility management services market include CBRE Group, Inc., Cushman & Wakefield (China), Synergis Holdings Limited, Colliers International Property Services Ltd., Shanghai Aideite Facilities Management Co., Ltd., etc. The market for China facility management is quite fragmented due to the presence of numerous players in the market catering to several verticals. Moreover, the investment by foreign companies in various startups is leading to the rise of competition in the industry. For instance, in 2018, an investment firm EQT partners announced to invest in a China-based FM startup “China Shine”.
“China Facility Management Market Analysis, 2020” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the industry potential, key factors impacting sales and purchase decisions, hotspots, and growth opportunities available for facility management providers across the country. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor's capabilities on 16 parameters. This will help companies in the formulation of Go to Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for its offerings.
1. By Type (Hard, Soft, Risk, Administrative
2. By Operating Model (In House, Outsourced)
3. By Service Delivery (Bundled, Integrated, Single Service)
4. By Enterprise Size (Large, Medium, Small)
5. By End Users (Residential, Corporates, Retail, Hospitality, Healthcare, Retail Malls, Educational Institutes, Others)
6. By Region (East, North, North-East, South Central, South West, North West)
7. By Company (CBRE Group, Inc., Cushman & Wakefield (China), Synergis Holdings Limited, Colliers International Property Services Ltd. Shanghai Aideite Facilities Management Co., Ltd, Others)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future market trends in the China Facility Management industry?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. How the competition has been shaping across the regions followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
4. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the China Facility Management industry?
5. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the China Facility Management firms across various regions?