The Japanese unmanned aerial vehicle market is one of the largest markets across the globe. The market growth for unmanned aerial vehicles in the country is escalating due to surging usage of UAVs for several purposes such as monitoring, infrastructure inspection, maintenance & repair, security surveillance, etc. Moreover, advanced technologies in UAV such as artificial intelligence, IoT, and machine learning are a few of the key factors which are contributing to the market growth of unmanned aerial vehicles in Japan.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ research report titled “Japan Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Market Analysis, 2020”, the market size of Japan unmanned Aerial vehicles is forecast to grow at a considerable CAGR during 2020-25. The government support toward the UAV industry in the country is one of the key factors contributing to the growing market of unmanned aerial vehicles in Japan. The government in Japan actively works on regulations regarding the commercial use of drones and new applications of UAV for commercial purposes. Moreover, the government planned to permit the UAVs in the populated locations which would result in robust growth in the UAV market in Japan. Growing cross-border aerial infiltration by China and its expanding military presence around Japan for control of certain islands is pushing Japan to invest in unmanned aerial vehicles.
Small Drone Would Proliferate in the Forthcoming Years
The small drones are expected to dominate in the forecast years due to the growth in demand in the surveillance and defense sector. Moreover, the use of small drones in the commercial sector for applications such as logistics and transportation, disaster management, logistics, etc., is resulting in the growth in the market share of small drones. Furthermore, the increasing growth of the e-commerce industry in the country would result in the rising market share of small drones in Japan unmanned vehicles for the delivery operations.
Furthermore, the fixed-wing drones acquired a significant market share in 2019. The demand for fixed-wings drones is anticipated to increase in the forecast years due to benefits such as longer flight autonomy, larger area cover less time, better control, better aerodynamic performance, and minor influence of environmental conditions, etc. Moreover, the increasing emphasis on solar power in the country would lead to an increase in the demand for solar-powered drones in the forecast years.
Aerial Imaging Acquired the Major Market Share
Based on application, the aerial imaging captured the highest market share in Japan unmanned aerial vehicle market in 2019. The central applications for UAVs in aerial imaging are majorly used in the construction sector, and maintenance sector. Moreover, the major application of UAVs for aerial imaging is in the entertainment industry. However, factors such as the inspection and monitoring, product delivery due to surging e-commerce, and increasing industrialization would result in the need for the drone application in maintenance and repair also.
Hardware Vs Software
Some of the major factors such as the government’s initiative in Japan to increase the homeland production of unmanned aerial vehicles, use of UAVs for security patrolling, and other plans such as “Japan Coast Guard Plan”, would further increase the demand of hardware, therefore the market share for hardware would surge in the forecast years, as stated in MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Japan Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Market Analysis, 2020”.
According to MarkNtel Advisors, the market of Japan Unmanned Aerial vehicles is highly fragmented due to the availability of numerous players operating in the market. Some of the key players with a considerable market share in the Japan Unmanned Aerial vehicle market are BAE Systems, DJI, Precision Hawk, Sense Fly, Boeing, AAI Corporation, Aeryon Flight Lab, and Others. The major companies in the country are increasing their market share by doing strategic alliances with the construction companies for the need for drones. For instance, in 2018, Komatsu Ltd. used around 1000 drones for the survey and monitor construction sites.
“Japan Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Market Analysis, 2020” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the industry potential, key factors impacting sales and purchase decisions, hotspots, and growth opportunities available for unmanned aerial vehicle providers across the country. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor's capabilities on 16 parameters. This will help companies in the formulation of Go to Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for its offerings.
1. By Size (Small, Medium, Heavy)
2. By Operation (Semi-Autonomous, Remote Operated, Fully Autonomous)
3. By Type (Single Rotor, Multi Rotor, Fixed Wing, Fixed Wing Hybrid)
4. By Applications (Inspection & Monitoring, Product delivery, Surveying and Mapping, Construction, Disaster Management, Maintenance and Repair, Aerial Imaging, Others)
5. By Component (Hardware, Software)
6. By End-users (Military and Defense, Utilities, Media and Entertainment, Retail and Food, Logistics and Transportation, Agriculture, Others)
7. By Energy Sources (Fuel cell, Solar, Battery, Hybrid)
8. By Region (Hokkaido, Tohoku, Kanto, Chubu, Others)
9. By Company (BAE Systems, DJI, Precision Hawk, Sense Fly, Boeing, AAI Corporation, Aeryon Flight Lab and Others)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the Japan Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Industry?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. How the competition has been shaping across the country followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
4. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for Japan Unmanned Aerial Vehicle industry?
5. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the Japan Unmanned Aerial Vehicle firms across various countries?