The growth in the mining sector in Peru has negatively impacted the air quality of the country. Moreover, the increasing investments in the mining sector have strongly contributed to the growth of the mining industry. In 2018, the Peruvian Ministry of Energy and Mines announced that the sector expects an investment of USD 20 billion between 2018-2022. Hence, the increasing mining activities are anticipated to surge the release of chemicals and physical pollutants into the environment thereby boosting the requirement for air quality monitoring systems in the years to come. In addition, the increasing carbon dioxide emissions in the country would boost the government’s concerns towards air quality thereby surging the installation of air quality monitoring equipment in the country.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Latin America Air Quality Monitoring Market Analysis, 2020”, the air quality monitoring market is projected to grow at a CAGR of around 6% during 2020-25. The growing support of the governments for establishing an air pollution monitoring network has positively impacted the gradual growth of Latin America air quality monitoring system market. The government of Chile has the aim to produce 60% of the electricity from renewable sources by 2035 and 70% by 2050. Hence, it is anticipated to positively impact the production of wind energy in the country thereby boosting the demand for anemometers. Moreover, the increasing air pollution in the countries from the mining sector, industries, thermal power plants, etc., has encouraged the deployment of air quality monitors.
As per MarkNtel Advisors’ study, the commercial and residential sector grabbed a significant market share in the Latin America air quality monitoring in 2019. The construction, renovation, and demolition of buildings emit potentially harmful atmospheric emissions which have a negative impact on the human health and environment. Moreover, the growing number of greenfield investments in the countries would boost the construction of new buildings in the region thereby surging the requirement of air quality monitoring systems on the construction site. The number of greenfield investments in Brazil reached to 332 in 2018 from 197 in 2017.
In addition, the government agencies & academic institutes captured the highest market share in the Latin America air quality monitoring in 2019. The governments are introducing several initiatives to monitor air pollution in the countries thereby boosting the demand for air quality monitoring equipment. In 2019, Brazil’s Ministry of the Environment announced its plans to launch a national network of air pollution monitoring network which would initially measure airborne particulate matter in 17 states that has the absence of such monitoring. The monitoring station is anticipated to measure pollutants such as sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxide, ozone, and carbon monoxide in the forecast period.
The major players who has grabbed a considerable market share in the Latin America air quality monitoring market include Thermo Fisher Scientific, Teledyne Technologies, Horiba, Cerex Monitoring Solutions, Aeroqual, Ecotech ACOEM Group, General Electric, etc.
Latin America Air Quality Monitoring Market Analysis, 2020” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the market potential, regional opportunities, key factors impacting sales and purchase decision, hotspots and opportunities available for air quality monitor firms across the globe. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor's capabilities on 16 parameters. This will help companies in the competition assessment, formulation of Go to Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for their offerings.
1. By Product & Services (Indoor, Outdoor, AQM, Fixed Source)
2. By Sampling Method (Manual, Active/Continuous, Passive, Intermittent)
3. By Pollutant (Physical, Chemical, Biological)
4. By End Users (Commercial & Residential, Petrochemical Industry, Government Agencies & Industries, Power Generation Plants, Pharmaceutical Industry, Others)
5. By Geographic Region (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Others)
6. By Competitors (Thermo Fisher Scientific, Teledyne Technologies, Horiba, Cerex Monitoring Solutions, Aeroqual, Ecotech ACOEM Group, General Electric, Others)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the Latin America air quality monitoring market?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. What are the future plans and customer expectations of end-users across the region?
4. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
5. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the Latin America air quality monitoring market?
6. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the air quality monitor companies across various regions?