The growing awareness regarding energy efficiency has positively impacted the demand for smart gas meters in the countries. The lack of accurate and timely information about the gas usage may result in unchecked consumption thereby surging the carbon dioxide emissions. Moreover, the ability of smart gas meters to reduce the theft and secure utilities revenues is projected to strongly contribute to the growth of Global smart gas meter market in the years to come.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Global Smart Gas Meter Market Analysis, 2020”, the smart gas meter market is projected to grow at a CAGR of around 6% during 2020-25. The growth in the Global smart gas meter market is attributed to the surging support by the governments for the deployment of smart meters in the countries. Under the Smart Metering Implementation Programme (SMIP), the UK government planned to roll out approximately 53 million smart electricity and gas meters in Great Britain by 2020. Moreover, the gradual growth in the establishment of smart cities is expected to positively impact the Global smart gas meter market in the forthcoming period.
As per MarkNtel Advisors’ study, advanced metering infrastructure grabbed a considerable market share in the Global smart gas meter market in 2019. The demand for advanced metering infrastructure is projected to boost in the forthcoming period as it provides bidirectional communication between the meter and utility in comparison to automated meter reading which offers one-way communication.
Moreover, the residential sector captured a significant market share in the Global smart gas meter market in 2019. The increasing initiatives to deploy the smart gas in the countries is anticipated to strongly contribute to the growth of Global smart gas meter market in the years to come. In 2018, Tata Communications worked with Mahanagar Gas Limited (MGL) to install 5,000 smart gas meters in Mumbai. The deployment of new smart gas meters would provide the households a control over their gas usage.
The major players who has grabbed a considerable market share in the Global smart gas meter market include Itron, Elster, Pietro Fiorentini, Landis+Gyr, AEM, Meter Italia, Flonidan, etc.
"Global Smart Gas Meter Market Analysis, 2020” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the market potential, regional opportunities, key factors impacting sales and purchase decision, hotspots and opportunities available for smart gas meter firms across the globe. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor's capabilities on 16 parameters. This will help companies in the competition assessment, formulation of Go to Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for their offerings.
1. By Technology (Automated Meter Reading, Advanced Metering Infrastructure, Standard (non-AMR/AMI) Meters)
2. By End Users (Municipal, Commercial, Residential, Industrial, Transportation)
3. By Geographic Region (North America, South America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific)
4. By Competitors (Itron, Elster, Pietro Fiorentini, Landis+Gyr, AEM, Meter Italia, Flonidan, Others)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the Global smart gas meter market?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. What are the future plans and customer expectations of end-users across the globe?
4. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
5. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the Global smart gas meter market?
6. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the smart gas meter companies across various regions?