Over the top (OTT) platform is a streaming media service which delivers content directly to the viewer via the Internet. The demand for OTT platforms is growing at an astronomical rate on account of factors such as increasing customer preference toward the on-demand Internet streaming media such as Netflix, Amazon for quality content, launch of OTT services, and numerous partnerships between the leading OTT players. Moreover, the upliftment of ban on certain OTT communication app in the countries such as Oman and UAE have accelerated the growth of the MENA OTT platform market in the forecast period.
However, the novel coronavirus has had a positive impact on the demand for the OTT platforms in the region due to lockdown imposition nationwide, which has led to acceleration ofs the internet penetration among the customers. According to the Digital 2020, the number of internet users in the United Arab Emirates increased by 128 thousand (+1.3%) between 2019 and 2020.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ research report titled “Middle East & Africa OTT Platform Market Analysis, 2020”, the Middle East & Africa OTT Platform market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR at a momentous rate during 2020-25. Based on type, video on demand (VOD) is capturing the largest market share in 2020 owing to the extensive increase in the number of internet users in the countries such as UAE and Saudi Arabia and rise in the viewers of entertainment apps. Moreover, the rising demand for VOD apps among the people is pushing the market players to launch VOD apps. Coupled with this, due to the outbreak of COVID-19, VOD business has increased by about 300 per cent in the Gulf till now in 2020. Hence, it is projected to bolster the demand for VOD in the region in the forecast period.
“Middle East & Africa OTT Platform Market Analysis, 2020” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the industry potential, key factors impacting sales and purchase decisions, hotspots, and growth opportunities available for OTT Platform providers across the globe. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor's capabilities on 16 parameters. This will help companies in the formulation of Go-to-Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for its offerings.
UAE Acquired Considerable Market Share
UAE acquired the significant market share in the Middle East and Africa OTT platform market in 2019 owing to the shift in the people’s preferences from watching TV toward the video streaming apps, rising penetration of international players in the market, and paradigm shift of telecom operator toward the OTT service. Moreover, the COVID-19 has promulgated the demand of OTT services in the UAE at a momentous rate as stated in the MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Middle East & Africa OTT Platform Market Analysis, 2020”.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’, the key players with a considerable market share in the Middle East & Africa OTT Platform market are Telly, Amazon, Netflix, StarzPlay, Apple TV+, beIN Connect, Turkcell, Wavo etc. Netflix acquired the majority market share followed by Amazon and StarzPlay in the Middle East & Africa OTT platform market due to the rise in the number of subscribers. In 2020, Netflix subscriber in UAE surged to 26%. Apart from this, the inclination of customers toward the OTT platforms is encouraging the telecom operator to launch more OTT services in the country via merger, acquisition, or partnership.
1. By Type (Video on demand, Online gaming, Music Streaming, Communication)
2. By Monetization Model (Advertising-Based, Subscription-Based, Transaction-Based)
3. By Service Verticals (Education and Learning, Media & Entertainment, meglitinides, glitazones, etc.), Gaming)
4. By Streaming Devices (Desktops and Laptops, Smartphones and Tablets, Internet Protocol Television, Others (Gaming Consoles, etc.))
5. By Country (UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt, South Africa),
6. By Company (Telly, Amazon, Netflix, StarzPlay, Apple TV+, beIN Connect, Turkcell, Wavo etc.)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the OTT Platform industry?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
4. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the OTT Platform industry?
5. What is the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the OTT Platform firms across various regions?