Polycarbonate is a durable, transparent, and high-performance group of thermoplastic polymer compounds. It comprises of the volatile unique properties of moisture resistance, lightweight, environment friendliness, chemical and heat resistance, among others that make it a highly recommendable material among automotive, consumer electronics, construction, medical and healthcare, packaging and consumer goods industry.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Global Polycarbonate Market Analysis, 2020”, the global polycarbonate market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of around 7% during 2020-25. The increasing demand for the polycarbonate material from the automotive industry, boosting the consumer electronics market and technology development in the medical industry is expected to drive the global polycarbonate market in the upcoming years.
Furthermore, the changing regulatory emphasis towards limiting the usage of plastics, and heavy charges on the plastic end-user industries, is posing a great growth opportunity for the polycarbonate market, which is expected to drive the market during the projected period. In 2019, China was the leading plastic manufacturing and disposing country in the world. In 2017, the country imposed a ban on certain varieties of plastic waste, imported from developed nations such as the US and UK. According to the Ministry of Commerce, China has recycled about 282 million tones of plastic post banning. Also, prior to the imposition of ban, China accepts 12.6 billion pounds of the world’s plastic waste from across the globe. As per the estimates, the country's recycling industry would exceed USD 1 trillion by 2030. This disruptive regulatory shift in China would embrace the market for reusable and the recyclable plastic market in the years to come.
Increasing Application of the Molding Processing Technology
Based on the processing technology, injection molding accounted for the largest market share in 2019. The technique is used in the production of blends and fiber polycarbonate types used in the manufacturing of bottles, plates, among others.
Asia-Pacific Region to emerge as the Leading Region
The Asia Pacific region dominated the global polycarbonate market in 2019. China has been the biggest contributor to the market to the fast-growing demand for high performance, lightweight plastic across the construction, automobile and consumer electronics segment in the country. Moreover, growing industrialization and the presence of leading multinational automobile and consumer electronics companies, and the ongoing construction activities in the country is surging the demand for a polycarbonate market in the years to come. Also, the change in government regulations and the growing emphasis on recyclable plastic materials would add the wealth the growing well.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’, some the of key competitors operating in the Global Polycarbonate market include SABIC, Mitsubishi Engineering Plastics Crp., Convestro AG, Lotte Chem, Teijin Limited, Trinseo SA, LG Chem, Chi-Mei Corporation, etc.
“Global Polycarbonate Market Analysis, 2020” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the industry potential, key factors impacting sales and purchase decisions, hotspots, and opportunities available for automotive lubricant providers across the globe. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor's capabilities on 16 parameters. This will help companies in the formulation of Go to Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for its offerings.
1. By Processing Technology (Extrusion, Molding)
2. By Type (Sheets and Films, Fibers, Blends, Others)
3. By End User (Electronics & Electricals, Construction, Packaging, Medical Devices, Automotive, Consumer Goods, Others)
4. By Region (North America, South America, Europe, Middle East, and Africa, Asia- Pacific)
5. By Country (US, Canada, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, Russia, France, Italy, Spain, UK, Saudi-Arabia, UAE, South Africa, China, India, Japan, South Korea)
6. By Company (SABIC, Mitsubishi Engineering Plastics Crp., Convestro AG, Lotte Chem, Teijin Limited, Trinseo SA, LG Chem, Chi-Mei Corporation, Others)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the Global Polycarbonate industry?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
4. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the Global Polycarbonate industry?
5. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the polycarbonate suppliers across various regions?