The surging mobile phone subscribers in the country has positively impacted the increased establishment of telecom towers in India. The telecom sector introduced 65,000 new mobile towers between 2016 and 2018. The growing telecom towers in the country is anticipated to strongly contribute to the proliferating demand for diesel generators.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “India Diesel Generator Market Analysis, 2020”, the diesel generator market is projected to grow at a CAGR of around 6% during 2020-25. The introduction of household electrification scheme ‘Saubhagya’ in 2017 is expected to generate an additional power demand of 28,000-MW in the country. This additional demand amounts to about 8.5% of the country’s current installed capacity of 329 GW, which would entail more power plants in the country to accomplish additional electricity demand thereby strongly contributing to the growth of India diesel generator market.
The increased focus of the government to boost the manufacturing sector of India is anticipated to positively impact the growth of India diesel generator market. The growing public and private investments coupled with government schemes for the manufacturing sector would surge the requirement for diesel generators. In 2018, the government introduced the National Policy on Electronics (NPE) which has envisioned to build a USD 400 billion electronics manufacturing industry by 2025. Moreover, the government of India aims to boost the share of manufacturing sector to the GDP to 25% by 2022. The utilization of diesel generators in the manufacturing facilities would rise owing to the establishment of new facilities in the country, revealed by MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “India Diesel Generator Market Analysis, 2020”.
As per MarkNtel Advisors’ study, the commercial sector grabbed the highest market share in the India diesel generator market in 2019. The maximum market share is attributed to the escalating demand for diesel generators from corporate office, telecom sector, hospitals, hotels, etc. Moreover, the surging establishment of data centers in the country is expected to strongly contribute to the increasing demand for diesel generators. In 2018, Ascendas Singbridge Group planned to invest USD 1 billion over the next five years to establish large scale data centers in Chennai, Mumbai, and Hyderabad.
The vital players in the India diesel generator market include Cummins India Ltd., Kirloskar Oil Engines Limited, Mahindra Powerol Ltd., Caterpillar Inc., Greave Cotton Limited, etc. The India diesel generator market include both organized players and unorganized players.
"India Diesel Generator Market Analysis, 2020” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the market potential, regional opportunities, key factors impacting sales and purchase decision, hotspots and opportunities available for diesel generator firms across the globe. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor's capabilities on 16 parameters. This will help companies in the competition assessment, formulation of Go to Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for their offerings.
1. By Capacity (5 KVA to 75KVA, 75.1 KVA to 375 KVA, 375.1 to 750 KVA, 750.1 KVA to 1000 KVA, Above 1000 KVA)
2. By Type (Stand By, Prime & Continuous Power, Peak Shaving)
3. By End Users (Residential, Commercial, Industrial)
4. By Geographic Region (North, South, West, East, North-East)
5. By Competitors (Ashok Leyland, Caterpillar Inc., Cummins India Ltd., Greaves Cotton Limited, Kirloskar Oil EnginesLtd., Others)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the India Diesel Generator market?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. What are the future plans and customer expectations of end-users across the globe?
4. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
5. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the India Diesel Generator market?
6. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the diesel generators companies across various regions?