Device as a Service has evolved from cloud computing to a contact based model within 3 to 4 years. The companies offering DaaS services offer premium services with the latest technology, configuration, deployment, and support services. It also avoids costly repairs and productivity delays from aged devices making it cost-effective to the end-users. DaaS allows consumers to upgrade to the latest technology at more affordable prices rather than going for a traditional purchasing model. Users are leveraging the cloud desktop amongst which Amazon Web Services and Azure are the most common ones.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Global Device as a Service Market Analysis, 2020”, the Device as a Service market is projected to grow at a CAGR of around 60% during 2020-25. Due to the reduced management costs and improved Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) with validated and highly optimized desktop virtualization platform and cloud-scale architecture there is a subtle increase in the demand of the DaaS. Furthermore, the old Desktops are now being replaced by the rental subscription-based on DaaS which enhances the efficiency of the user.
As per MarkNtel Advisors’ study, IT/ITES & telecom sector grabbed the highest market share in the Global Device as a Service market in 2019. the small enterprises in IT/ITES and other IT related support services are emerging as the major end users of Devices as a Service. Moreover, evolution of start-ups across the globe along with the ongoing trend of shared working spaces is also contributing to the demand. The demand for such Services is emanating from the United States, western Europe and emerging economies in the Asia Pacific region. The mid-size IT firms in North America, and Europe are the major end users of DaaS while, small size enterprises in the Asia Pacific region are emerging as the key target segments for the vendors in IT space.
The rising concerns for IT security and cost optimization has been acting as a growth promulgating factors for adoption of DaaS in the Government and healthcare industry. While, the traction from educational institutes is rising due to shortening technology lifecycle which induce the demand for frequent replacement of devices, thereby considerably increasing the overall cost of IT infrastructure.
The major players who has grabbed a considerable market share in the Global Device as a Service market include include Lenovo, Hewlett Packard, CompuCom, Citrix, Dell Technologies, Microsoft Corporation, Amazon Web Services, etc.
"Global Device as a Service Market Analysis, 2020” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the market potential, regional opportunities, key factors impacting sales and purchase decision, hotspots and opportunities available for Device as a Service firms across the globe. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor's capabilities on 16 parameters. This will help companies in the competition assessment, formulation of Go to Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for their offerings.
1. By Type (Hardware, Software, Services)
2. By Enterprise Size (Large Enterprises, Medium Enterprises, Small Enterprises)
3. By End Users (IT/ITES & Telecom, Government, BFSI, Healthcare, Education, Others)
4. By Geographic Region (North America, South America, Europe, Middle East & Africa, Asia Pacific)
5. By Competitors (Lenovo, Hewlett Packard, CompuCom, Citrix, Dell Technologies, Microsoft Corporation, Amazon Web Services, Others)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the Global Device as a Service market?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. What are the future plans and customer expectations of end-users across the globe?
4. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
5. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the Global Device as a Service market?
6. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the Device as a Service companies across various regions?