With the rising geriatric population worldwide coupled with incidence of degenerative bone diseases such as joint replacement is surging the market of surgical tourniquets. The other major factor responsible for the growth of surgical tourniquets are rising number of road accidents and injuries on highways that led to limb injury. Surgical tourniquets are widely used for elderly population that suffer from diabetes, heart disease and renal failure. Moreover, surgical tourniquets are extensively used in the defense sector that further drives the market during 2020-25.
OEMs are manufacturing personalized tourniquets for home care and safety that are designed to better match the limb shape of the individual and provide automatic means of measuring blood pressure, limb occlusion pressure (LOP) and improving safety.
According to the MarkNtel Advisors’ research report, the CAGR of “Global Surgical Tourniquets Market Analysis, 2020”, is expected to be less than 8% during 2020-25. The risk involved by reusing the tourniquets may cause disease such as MSRA bacteria and lack of trained professionals for the use of surgical tourniquets may restrict the market growth.
Digitization in Surgical Tourniquets
Pneumatic computer assisted surgical tourniquets has gained popularity in recent times. The surgeons and physicians prefer tourniquets as a vital tool for monitoring the blood flow during surgery. With the continuous research and development, the demand for enhanced surgical tourniquets is rising, automated tourniquets are being launched and massive investment in research and development has been done to minimize the risk. Moreover, the manufacturers are launching personalized tourniquets that consists digital displays and intuitive user interfaces ensuring the safety of patients.
With the recent innovation in the medical sector the demand for advanced medical apparatus has increased to make the medical procedures more efficient.
North America claimed to be the leader in the surgical tourniquets market owing to the rising road accidents and improved medial facilities in the countries such as United States and Canada. According to American Stroke Association, in 2017, Hemorrhagic stroke accounted for 13% of the stroke cases. Limb hemorrhage is a common injury caused during military wars. Europe also has a wide usage of surgical tourniquets with increasing road accidents and fatalities. According to European Commission, road traffic crashes are the major cause of death and injury. Around 25,600 individuals died and around 1.4 million people were injured in 2016. Asia-Pacific is registering a considerable growth on account of rising geriatric population suffering from cardiovascular diseases and limb amputation as revealed by MarkNtel Advisors in their research report, “Global Surgical Tourniquets Market Analysis, 2020”.
According to the MarkNtel Advisors the major leading players are Delfi Medical Innovation, Stryker Corporation, VBM Medizintechnik, Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Hammerplast Medical, Shanghai Huifeng Medical Instrument Co. Ltd., AneticAid Limited, Huaxin Medical Equipment Factory, Ulrich GbmH & Co., Sam Medical among others.
“Global Surgical Tourniquets Market Analysis, 2020”, provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the industry potential, key factors such as trends, drivers, hotspots and opportunities and challenges available for surgical tourniquets providers across the globe. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key leading players in the industry, along with competitive benchmarking and competition matrix and company profiling.
1. By Product Type (Pneumatic Tourniquets and Non-Pneumatic Tourniquets)
2. By End User (Hospitals and Trauma Centers, Military, Ambulatory Surgical Centers)
3. By Application (Lower Limb surgery, Upper Limb surgery)
4. By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Africa and Asia-Pacific)
5. By Country (United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, Italy, United Kingdom, Spain, France, Saudi Arabia, UAE, China, India, Japan, ASEAN)
6. By Company (Delfi Medical Innovation, Stryker Corporation, VBM Medizintechnik, Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Hammerplast Medical, Shanghai Huifeng Medical Instrument Co. Ltd., AneticAid Limited, Huaxin Medical Equipment Factory, Ulrich GbmH & Co., Sam Medical)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the global surgical tourniquets market?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. What are the future plans and customer expectations of end-users across the globe?
4. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
5. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the global surgical tourniquets industry?
6. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from global surgical tourniquets suppliers across various regions?