The manufacturers of two-wheelers find Asia a prominent market for production. The two-wheeler market is expected to grow at a higher pace during 2020-25 due to the increase in the disposable income of the individuals in emerging countries along with the improving road infrastructure. Moreover, with the introduction of electric vehicles in the market, an acceleration in demand would be witnessed in the forthcoming years.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Global Two Wheeler Market Analysis, 2020”, the global two-wheeler market is expected to be around USD130 billion until 2025. China and India are the export hubs of two-wheelers, especially motorcycles. The major growth of two-wheelers is driven by motorcycles and scooters. Motorcycle shipments to foreign countries during 2018-19 estimated to be around 2.4 million units as compared to 2.03 million units sold in 2017-18 according to the Society of Indian Automobiles Association (SIAM).
According to MarkNtel Advisors, two-wheelers market helmed to capture the large portion of Asian markets, Europe and South America. There would be an accelerated demand for two-wheelers and is expected to upsurge during 2020-25 with the growing demand for models integrated with new technology.
Total sales of two-wheelers in India in 2018 were around 21.18 million units as compared to 20.2 million in 2018. The sales in India outpaced its peers such as China and other Asian economies in 2018. China was the second-largest market registering around 15.5 million unit sales in the same year. Indonesia and Vietnam captured a significant portion of sales in the two-wheelers market in the same year.
Asia-Pacific to Remain the Frontier in the Global Market
Sales of two-wheelers in the Asian markets outperformed other regions. India and China have been witnessing high sales due to the soaring urbanization and traffic congestion. Apart from India and China, South East Asian countries such as Malaysia, Vietnam and Thailand, and the Philippines are witnessing a robust growth owing to the new models and variants launched coupled with the growing demands of the young population.
Age groups between 18 to 25 have various options and variants available for all income groups, especially in scooters and Motorcycles. Bosch plans to invest into motorcycles for youth with connectivity solutions and power sports technology. Moreover, foreign investors are establishing new industries for two-wheeler production.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Global Two-Wheeler Market Analysis, 2020”, major leading players in the market are Hero Moto Corp., Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd., Harley Davidson, TVS Motors, BMW Motorrad, Piaggio & C.S. p.A, Bajaj Auto Ltd., Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd, Suzuki Motor Corporation and Honda Motor Co., Ltd. among others.In addition, Honda and Suzuki are the leading players of Japan in the two-wheeler market capturing the largest market share.
“Global Two Wheeler Market Analysis, 2020”, provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the industry potential, key factors such as trends, drivers, hotspots and opportunities and challenges available for two wheeler providers across the globe. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key leading players in the industry, along with competitive benchmarking and competition matrix and company profiling.
1. By Vehicle Type (Moped, Scooter and Motorcycle)
2. By Application (Personal Use and Commercial Use)
3. By Fuel Type (Diesel, Gasoline, Petrol, LPG and CNG and battery)
4. By Tonnage Capacity (Up to 125 cc, 126 to 250 cc, 251 to 500 cc and above 500 cc)
5. By Region (North America, South America, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific)
6. By Countries (The United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, UK, Germany, France, Russia, Paraguay, Peru, Venezuela, Greece, Austria, Belgium, Poland, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Spain, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, South Africa, Nigeria, Angola, Algeria, Ethiopia, Morocco, Tanzania, Kenya, China, India, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia and Bangladesh)
7. By Competitors (Hero Moto Corp., Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd., Harley Davidson, TVS Motors, BMW Motorrad, Piaggio & C.S. p.A, Bajaj Auto Ltd., Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd, Suzuki Motor Corporation, Honda Motor Co., Ltd.)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the global two wheeler market?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. What are the future plans and customer expectations of end-users across the globe?
4. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
5. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the global two wheeler industry?
6. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from global two wheeler suppliers across various regions?