Tanzania is the second-largest economy in the Eastern Africa. The rising urbanization and growing initiatives by the government for economic and social development have been positively impacting the growth of white goods market in Tanzania. Moreover, the gradual increase of construction activities in the residential, commercial, hospitality, industrial sectors, etc., is projected to boost the demand for white goods in the country.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Tanzania White Goods Market Analysis, 2020”, the white goods market is projected to grow at a CAGR of less than 5% during 2020-25. Under the Tanzania Development Vision 2025, the government emphasizing on the infrastructure development thereby positively impacting the demand for white goods in the country. Moreover, the growing Chinese investments in the country are expected to strongly contribute to the growth of Tanzania white goods market. In 2019, Tanzania has announced the plans to build the Royal Glory Residence project which is being developed by China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC). The project consists of 14 villas and 156 apartments, which would boost the demand for white goods such as refrigerators, air conditioners, etc.
The introduction of inverter air conditioners in Tanzania with less energy consumption, faster cooling, longer service life, and eco-friendliness is expected to positively impact the growth of the air conditioner market in the years to come. The companies such as Samsung and Bruhm are providing inverter air conditioners in the country and the traction of end-users towards these air conditioners are surging at a faster pace. Therefore, it is anticipated to strongly contribute to the growth of Tanzania white goods market in the forthcoming period, revealed by MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Tanzania White Goods Market Analysis, 2020”.
As per MarkNtel Advisors’ study, television grabbed the highest market share in the Tanzania white goods market in 2019. The arrival of new construction projects in the residential sector is one of the major drivers for the increasing demand for televisions in the country. Moreover, the demand for air conditioners is anticipated to grow in the forthcoming period with the gradual increase in the establishment of hotels in the country.
The major players who has grabbed a considerable market share in the Tanzania white goods market include Midea, Samsung, LG, Bruhm, Boss, Von Hot Point, etc.
"Tanzania White Goods Market Analysis, 2020” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the market potential, regional opportunities, key factors impacting sales and purchase decision, hotspots and opportunities available for white goods firms across the country. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor's capabilities on 16 parameters. This would help companies in the competition assessment, formulation of Go to Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for their offerings.
1. By Type (Room Air Conditioners, Refrigerator, Microwave, Dishwasher, Cooking Range, Mobile Phone, Vacuum Cleaner, Air Purifier, Washing Machine, Television, Water Heater, Water Dispenser)
2. By End Users (Commercial, Residential, Industrial)
3. By Geographic Region (North, South, East, West)
4. By Competitors (Midea, Samsung, LG, Bruhm, Boss, Von Hot Point, Others)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the Tanzania White Goods market?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. What are the future plans and customer expectations of end-users across the country?
4. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
5. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the Tanzania White Goods market?
6. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the white goods companies across various regions?