An increase in the adoption of artificial intelligence, intelligent transport system and, cloud connectivity is driving the market of the global automotive biometric identification system. The key growth driving factors in 2019 were sales of the luxury cars empowered with biometrics facial recognition, fingerprint recognition, facial monitoring and voice recognition for access control and advanced navigation and measuring driver’s health vitals. Due to considerable high cost, the penetration of the automotive biometric identification system is limited to the luxury cars segment in 2020. However, the cars offered by manufacturers to the customers in upper-middle and middle-income groups are expected to undergo an increased penetration, on account of economies of scale. Such newly added features would emerge as a key differentiator for the car manufacturers.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Global Automotive Biometric Identification System Market Analysis, 2020”, the CAGR of the biometric identification system is estimated at around 22% during 2020 -25. North America primarily the US and Canada were the largest markets of the automotive biometric identification systems in 2019. But, the growth of the automotive identification system market in Asia-Pacific and the Middle East is projected to outperform other regions during 2020-25. The usage of biometrics in automobiles is an emerging trend across the globe. These biometrics helps to personalize the car as the owner’s biological impressions are stored in the databases which makes difficult to counter unauthorized access and reduce the incidences of distortion of data
Facial recognition segment is anticipated to overrule the fingerprint and voice recognition segments in the forthcoming years, registering the majority market share owing to the rising security concerns, as reported by MarkNtel Advisors in its research report “Global Automotive Biometric Identification System Market Analysis, 2020. The growing focus of autonomous vehicle manufacturing would snowball the demand for biometrics in vehicles.
Need for Safety while Driving Contributing to the Growth of the Market
The cars having biometric identification due to the safety concerns are password protected with the owner’s information. To increase the level of safety these systems have high accuracy and asks for biological passwords such as voice recognition, face monitoring, fingerprint scanning which makes it difficult to unlock the password unknown person. Some luxury car manufacturers such as Mercedes, BMW and Ford are working on the establishment of biometric systems to ensure safety and prevent vehicles from theft.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ the major leading players in the market are Nissan Motors Co., Ltd, Honda Motor Co., Tesla, Inc, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V., Synaptics Incorporated, Methode Electronics, Voxx International Corporation, Fujitsu Limited, Assa Abloy AB and, Synaptics Incorporated among others. Gentex launched biometric identification systems in automotive in 2017 in partnership with Delta ID. Active IRIS technology is used that uses unique iris recognition.
“Global Automotive Biometric Identification Industry Analysis, 2020”, provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the industry potential, key factors such as trends, drivers, hotspots and opportunities and challenges available for automotive biometric identification providers across the globe. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key leading players in the industry, along with competitive benchmarking and competition matrix and company profiling.
1. By Vehicle Type (Passenger cars and Commercial vehicles)
2. By Components Type (Processing Units, Embedded Micro Computers and Microchip sets)
3. By Behavioral Characteristics and Sensor Type (Microphone /Voice Sensors and Signature/Keystrokes Sensors)
4. By Physiological Characteristics & Sensor Type (Metal Oxide Semiconductor/Image Sensors, Optical/Fingerprint and Palm Sensors and Iris/Retinal Recognition Sensors)
5. By Technology (Voice Recognition, Iris Recognition, Gesture Recognition, Multimodal Identification, Gesture Recognition and Fingerprint Recognition)
6. By Regions (North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and, Asia-Pacific)
7. By Countries (US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Spain, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Iran, Israel, China, India, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Thailand and, Malaysia)
8. By Competitors (Nissan Motors Co., Ltd, Honda Motor Co., Tesla, Inc, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V., Synaptics Incorporated, Methode Electronics, Voxx International Corporation, Fujitsu Limited, Assa Abloy AB and, Synaptics Incorporated)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the global automotive biometric identification systems market?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. What are the future plans and customer expectations of end-users across the globe?
4. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
5. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the global automotive biometric identification systems industry?
6. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from global automotive biometric identification systems suppliers across various regions?