Growth in the production of automobiles in geographies such as China, India, the US, and the EU has been propagating the global automotive seat market. Owing to the technological advancements in the bucket seating system and ventilated seat system, the industry revenues are set to burgeon during the forecast period. Powered seats, bucket seats, ventilated seats are the new trends in the market. The demand for the bucket seating system would emerge especially in China and Indian markets.
Customer’s automotive preferences and tastes have been evolving in emerging Asia Pacific, GCC and several countries in Europe and North America. Therefore, manufacturers are taking initiatives to build the seating systems and the interiors of the cars comfortable enough for the driver to a good driving experience. The OEMs manufacturers are launching vehicles in the passenger vehicles and commercial vehicles.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ research report, “Global Automotive Seats Market Analysis, 2020”, the passenger car segment would lead the market by through 2025, followed by commercial vehicles. The total sales including passenger vehicles as well as commercial vehicles estimated around USD 95 Million in 2018 and around 91 million in 2019. These landslide sales of automobiles have been stimulating the global seating market.
Usage of powered seats and ventilated seats increases the overall cost of the vehicle. The prices of the raw material used in the seats such as fabrics and chemicals and materials used in manufacturing process remained volatile in the recent past. The price foam, fabric, and leather are also prone to instability thus, there is a price fluctuation in the material used primarily in the cars.
The Asia Pacific to Dominate the Seat Market Owing to Rising Production
Asia-Pacific is the largest contributor to the surge in the demand for the global automotive seats in 2019. China, India, Japan, and South Korea are the leading production houses of the seating systems. In 2018, China and India were among the largest manufacturers of cars, with a cumulative market share of around 40% in the total car production. Manufacturers in China and India are finding innovative ways of enhancing the seating systems in the interiors of the cars. Due to the emerging trends in the seating systems such as powered, ventilated and bucket seats by the manufacturers is the reason to drive the growth of cars in the Asia-Pacific region. Government initiatives, continuous support by government and Foreign Direct Investments in the Asia-Pacific region are boosting the sales in the countries of the region. North America and Europe have the largest market production of luxury cars and installing advanced technologies in the seating systems of the cars. Latin America also contributes to OEMs manufacturing automotive seats.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ research report, “Global Automotive Seats Market Analysis, 2020”, the leading players in the global automotive seating system are Magna International, Lear Corporations, Toyota Boshoku, Fisher and Company, and others.
1. By Type of Vehicle (Passenger Commercial Vehicles, Heavy Commercial Vehicles, and Light Commercial Vehicles)
2. By Material Type (Fabric, synthetic Leather and Genuine Leather)
3. By Seat Type (Split Seat, Bench seat, Split Bench seat)
4. By Technology (Standard, Powered, Heated, Ventilated and Massage)
5. By Geographic Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East & Africa, Asia Pacific)
6. By Countries (US, Canada, Brazil, Germany, France, UK, Poland, Italy, South Africa, GCC, China, India, Australia, South Korea, Japan)
7. By End Users (OEMs and Aftermarket)
8. By Competitors (Magna International, Toyota Bushouku, Lear corporation, Fisher and company, Dura Automotive)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the Global Automotive seat industry?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
4. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the Global Automotive Seats industry?
5. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the Global Automotive Seat Market across various regions?