The In-flight catering services includes the meals and the supplementary food offered to the passengers onboard a commercial flight. The airline catering services market has been persistently growing over the past few years, owing to rapid expansion of global airlines. The rising number of in-flight passengers, boosting construction of international airports, improving global economic conditions, increasing consumer disposable income and enhanced passenger tastes and preference in addition to their increased expectations for the air service providers are several other crucial factors supporting in-flight catering services market.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’ research report “Global In-Flight Catering Services Market Analysis, 2020”, the global market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of around 7% during 2020-25. Integration of advanced technologies for the ordering of food, beverages, and the bakery products on-boards is expected to support the growth of in-flight catering market. Furthermore, the introduction of innovative concepts in the market such as retail on board and personal in-flight chef is expected to proliferate the Global in-flight catering services market growth. The airlines have also been introducing customized food products on the basis of country, religion, etc., to boost customer experience.
Low-Cost Carriers to Make Significant Growth in the Forthcoming Years
Based on the flight type, the full-service carriers segment held the largest market share in the global in-flight catering services market during 2015-2019, as revealed by Markntel Advisors’ research report on “Global In-Flight Catering Services Market Analysis, 2020”. However, the market for the category has been witnessing the downward trend, owing to the growth in the low-cost carrier’s market segmentation. Due to intensive competition in the aviation sector, the low-cost carriers has been growing at a noticeable growth rate, creating a challenge for the for the overall in-flight catering services market.
The carriers in the in-flight catering services market are increasingly making higher investments in the market to meet the expectation of the passengers travelling in former class, which is expected to bring positive result for the commercial aviation catering services market in the upcoming years.
Economy Class to Grow at the Highest Growth During 2020-25
On the basis of Aircraft class segmentation, the business segment has been driving the majority revenues to the global in-flight catering services market. However, the increasing passenger traffic in the economic class, due to the rising number of middle-class families and the youth population most probably prefer to travel in the economic class. The rising requirements and expectation of the passengers for quality and hygienic food during long-haul travelling would further proliferate both of the segments growth through 2025.
According to MarkNtel Advisors’, some the of key competitors operating in the Global In-Flight Catering Services market includes Gate Gourmet, Emirates Flight Catering, Flying Food Groups, Cathay Pacific Catering Services, Sky Chef, Dnata, IGS Catering Services, etc.
“Global In-Flight Catering Services Market Analysis, 2020” provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the industry potential, key factors impacting sales and purchase decision, hotspots and opportunities available for In-Flight Catering Services providers across the Globe. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key strategic imperatives for success for competitors along with strategic factorial indexing measuring competitor's capabilities on 16 parameters. This will help companies in the formulation of Go to Market Strategies and identifying the blue ocean for its offerings.
1. By Food Type (Meals, Bakery & Confectionary, Beverages, Others)
2. By Flight Type (Full-Service Carriers, Low-Cost Carriers, Hybrid, Others)
3. By Aircraft Class (Economy Class, Business Class/ First Class)
4. By Region (North America, South America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia- Pacific)
5. By Country (US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, Italy, France, UK, Russia, Saudi-Arabia, Kuwait, South Africa, China, India, Japan, Australia)
6. By Company (Gate Gourmet, Emirates Flight Catering, Flying Food Groups, Cathay Pacific Catering Services, Sky Chef, Dnata, IGS Catering Services, and Others)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the Global In-Flight Catering Services industry?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
4. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the Global In-Flight Catering Services industry?
5. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from the In-Flight Catering Services suppliers across various regions?