With the growing number of fatalities and increasing road accidents, the demand for adaptive front lights is rising at a significant rate. Adaptive front lights are designed to enhance the vision of the driver at night and in extreme weather conditions. The manufacturers are installing LED lights at the front with adaptive lights that adjust the angle and the beam of light with the direction and speed of the vehicle. With the governments, stringent rules and regulations to have mandatorily deploy safety driving systems in the vehicles are aiding in the growth of adaptive front light.
According to the MarkNtel Advisors’ research report, the CAGR of “Global Adaptive Front Light Market Analysis, 2020”, the adaptive front light is expected to be around 12% during 2020-25.
The manufacturers are transitioning from the old halogens and traditional lighting systems to LED and Xenon lighting systems. Xenon lighting systems are gaining traction and dominated the global adaptive front light market in 2019 and the dominance is expected to prevail in the forthcoming years. Moreover, the adoption of LED lights is soaring not only due to widespread use in the luxury high-end cars, but also the growing adoption from economy class passenger cars and motorbikes. However, high prices of the raw materials curb the demand for adaptive front lights during 2020-25. This restricts the future growth of the front light and acts as a restraint in the adaptive front light market.
Growing Number of Fatalities Increasing the Adoption of Adaptive Front Lights in Automotive
The increasing number of road accidents and fatalities are the major reason for the adoption of the automotive adaptive front light. Most of the fatalities and injuries are caused by motorcycles during night time due to improper vision. To reduce the accidents on road, manufacturers deploy the cars with adaptive front lights in luxury cars and bikes. For instance, BMW K1600 has adaptive lights deployed in them. In North America, around 33,000 individuals die in road accidents and approximately 1.3 million people die each year in road traffic crash. The areas with low penetration of adaptive front light, the fatalities rate is higher as compared to the regions with high penetration.
Moreover, the European Commission has made mandatory the use of driver safety monitoring devices. Thus, the OEMs are promoting the continuous installation of adaptive front light in their vehicles following the European standards. This factor would increase the adoption of adaptive front light in the future therefore, magnification in demand is anticipated to witness during 2020-25.
Adaptive front lights act as a brand advertisement for some manufacturers due to lightweight, flexibility and compactness to gain a competitive edge as the manufacturers provide aesthetic features to differentiate their product. Some OEMs use adaptive front lights as a brand differentiators and offers vast styling diversity. The adaptive front light improves the exterior aesthetics of a vehicle as revealed by MarkNtel Advisors’ in their research report, “Global Adaptive Front Light Market Analysis, 2020”.
According to the MarkNtel Advisors,’ the major leading players are Stanley Electric, Hella, Valeo, Margetti Mareli, OSRAM, Varroc, Koito, Neolite, Johnson Electric, and Robert Bosch among others. The mergers and acquisition and launch of new models by the companies for the expansion of the portfolio in the industry are creating stiff competition among the players operating in the industry. High-tech LEDs are installed by OSRAM in the new Audi 8 model launched in 2018. New Audi 8 has an innovative feature Audi 8’s matrix headlight and for the first time, Oslon Compact PL LEDs are arranged in two lines.
“Global Adaptive Front Light Market Analysis, 2020”, provides comprehensive qualitative and quantitative insights on the industry potential, key factors such as trends, drivers, hotspots and opportunities and challenges available for global adaptive front light market providers across the globe. Moreover, the report also encompasses the key leading players in the industry, along with competitive benchmarking and competition matrix and company profiling.
1. By Vehicle Type (Passenger Vehicle and Commercial Vehicles)
2. By Technology (Xenon, LED/OLED, Halogen, Laser)
3. By Region (North America, South America, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific)
4. By Country (United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, Italy, United Kingdom, Spain, France, Saudi Arabia, UAE, South Africa, China, India, Japan, ASEAN)
5. By Competitors (Stanley Electric, Hella, Valeo, Margetti Mareli, OSRAM, Varroc, Koito, Neolite, Johnson Electric and Robert Bosch)
Key questions answered in the study:
1. What are the current and future trends of the global adaptive front light market?
2. How the industry has been evolving in terms of end-user demand and application areas?
3. What are the future plans and customer expectations of end-users across the globe?
4. How the competition has been shaping across the countries followed by their comparative factorial indexing?
5. What are the key growth drivers and challenges for the global adaptive front light industry?
6. What are the customer orientation, purchase behavior, and expectations from global adaptive front light suppliers across various regions?